Anyone know of a good doctor?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 13 October 2003 3.03pm
Hi there everyone,

I've recently moved into the area and really need to get myself registered at a local doctors.

Ideally this would be in the Bermondsey Street / Tower Bridge Road area, be clean and have friendly staff and doctors.

Any recommendations would be greatly received.

Cheers, and I'll see you all down the Garrison.

Dan
Monday 13 October 2003 3.14pm
Bermondsey Health Centre on Grange road is good - the reception is staffed by helpful peole, rather than people whose mission in life is to stop the doctors being disturbed by pesky, malingering, hypochondriacal patients. 7237 1078 (I think)
Monday 13 October 2003 3.17pm
Falmouth Road surgery is very good!!!
Jai
Monday 13 October 2003 3.24pm
I'm registered at the Bermondsey and Lansdowne Medical Mission in Decima Street.

no idea wether it's any good, but certainly within walking distance of your location.

Varkenslachter
Monday 13 October 2003 3.35pm
If you use Upmystreet.co.uk you can find the nearest to you, phone numbers etc. - It's not as easy as you might think though.....I tried to register for the one on Lower Marsh St. to be told I was too far away (outside their encatchment?) and so had to go to Blackfriars Medical Practice which seems fine. (Thought the .5 miles to Lower Marsh a bit harsh to be considered as being too far out though!)
R
Monday 13 October 2003 3.40pm
mill street surgery. really friendly.
Monday 13 October 2003 11.07pm
Mill street surgery. Very, very polite, helpful and friendly. Lovely nurse who registers you. They only have a small catchment area though.

Jo
jac
Tuesday 14 October 2003 10.49am
I can recomend the falmouth road surgery too, clean and friendly. I have been with them for about 14 years and never had a complaint. It has a high percentage of female doctors.

A female doctor at Grange road practise once told me at 38 weeks pregnant she didn't want to see me as she wasn't getting paid for it. I was lived for 6 months inside the falmout road catchment area which wasn't the same as the midwife catchment area so was going to grange road for my anti natal care. The male doctor was happy to see me but I thought she showed a very uncaring attitude. So I wouldn't register there even though it is very slightly nearer to where I live now.
Wednesday 15 October 2003 2.33pm
id like to know of more about your bad experience.

jac
Wednesday 15 October 2003 2.59pm
emike
Why?
- Jac
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: