Marie's Cafe - Lower Marsh

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Sunday 10 February 2008 5.49am
I'm curious - this place is always busy with people eating, which is a good sign. Has anyone eaten there?

I recall having a fryup there many moons ago, but have never tried the thai option. I love that they offer both.

[thread title corrected - JH]
Sunday 10 February 2008 11.57am
I eat there once every couple of months or so - it's called Marie's I think. The food is fine - served at high speed which is a good thing during a working lunch hour. I particularly like the red curry. Very cheap too. You can't go wrong.
Sunday 10 February 2008 11.58am
We've eaten there a few times. The food's fresh, and good value. Don't be put off by the decor, and mind you don't turn out the kitchen lights when you visit the bathroom...
They don't have a license, so it's bring your own (I think 1 corkage?).
Not open Sundays. Not sure who Maria is, but the staff have all been Thai when we've been there..!
Monday 11 February 2008 5.58pm
yep - had dinner there a couple times. great food and plenty of it.
Wednesday 13 February 2008 2.12pm
It's always a treat when I take one of my (hard working) crews there.
It's especially good that I can eat vegan, while my bone-crunching colleagues can do their environmental carnage. It serves jasmine tea, which is just what removal men need after a hard morning's humping.
I'd recommend it.
Friday 14 August 2009 6.44pm
Basic, but good, Thai food at caff prices. Simples. Similar at Cafe-On-The-Hill in Brixton (Brixton Hill @ Josephine Ave). Do visit both - they're gems of the genre!!
Saturday 15 August 2009 6.36am
I heard an environmental health story about the Brixton Hill cafe, which is a shame, as the portions are generous.Try the stir fry veg & cashew with bean curd for a treat on Lower Marsh
Saturday 15 August 2009 10.21am
graham wrote:
I heard an environmental health story about the Brixton Hill cafe, which is a shame, as the portions are generous.Try the stir fry veg & cashew with bean curd for a treat on Lower Marsh
I was going to ask if they do much with bean curd/tofu.
Saturday 15 August 2009 8.54pm
I can recommend this place , the thai lady who seems to run the place is very friendly and the service is very good. Good choice on the menu and the thai food is great as well . quite often pop in there on the way to work for there daily special ..something like roast pots , veg and shepherds pie with gravy :)

Although i do prefer the cypriot run cafe a little bit further down lower marsh near the icelands , cant remember the name off the top of my head ..but serves massive portions , its worth going there to just see the expressions on peoples faces when there plate arrives !!
Sunday 16 August 2009 7.31pm
I went to another SE1 Thai favourite, Suchard at Tower Bridge. Watch out for MSG in some of their dishes tho'
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: