Thieves around the Borough High Street Area

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
dmg
Tuesday 12 February 2008 10.44am
Hi Everyone,

I just thought I should let you know that I had my mobile stolen yesterday along Borough High Street. The person who stole it made lots of calls and messages to people in my address book that morning and afternoon (until I had it blocked) trying to create problems. I reported it stolen this morning and was told that over the last few days there has been a massive increase in the number of people reporting phones and wallets stolen along Borough High Street. There seems to be a group of professional thieves working in the area. In the evening I almost got my wallet stolen in the Slug & Lettuce, had it not been for the excellent bar staff there who came over to our table to warn us that there was someone sitting on the table behind us who looked like he was going to try and steal something. As soon as we moved all of our valuables into places that were impossible for him to access he left the bar. These people are not the stereotypical thieves - some of them are dressed in suits or will speak to people pretending to be lost businessmen etc. I suggest that everyone is very careful with their belongings especially in the BHS area.
Tuesday 12 February 2008 2.21pm
sorry to hear about what happened to you! if you don't mind me asking...how was your mobile stolen? Just so I can know if there is any way to avoid it happening to me and others?
dmg
Saturday 16 February 2008 12.52pm
benrowe wrote:
sorry to hear about what happened to you! if you don't mind me asking...how was your mobile stolen? Just so I can know if there is any way to avoid it happening to me and others?

Well I think it must have been a "pick-pocket". Probably in Luncheonette or just outside of it.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: