Office block extension on Queen Elizabeth Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 13 February 2008 6.19pm
Letter dropped through the door this morning, rather nondescript 'not a circular' from Southwark. Easily overlooked.

SSAF on QE St have applied to build a four storey plus basement extension over the entire space where their car park currently is.

If you're Boss House, Raven Wharf, Gainsford, QE and Lafone Streets you may want to have a say....

Plans, loss of light report etc here

http://planningonline.southwarksites.com/planningonline2/AcolNetCGI.exe?ACTION=UNWRAP&RIPNAME=Root.PgeResultDetail&TheSystemkey=9527246
Wednesday 13 February 2008 8.43pm
Some time in the last ten years or so they have had planning permission to do something similar on that plot but haven't actually done anything, obviously.

This may just be a renewal of that application or they may in fact be serious this time. The planning office is only open regular office hours which isn't convenient.

We need a volunteer to check out the plans in detail and/or perhaps talk directly with the occupiers to get some clarity. Consultation runs for 21 days from 11th Feb.
Wednesday 13 February 2008 9.02pm
If you follow the link Al.W provided then click on 'Documents' you can view the plans online as a PDF.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 13 February 2008 11.06pm
spacemaker - they had planning permission in 1988 and 1990 that lapsed and was reinstated.

This application is for a bigger building that will have a more significant effect on immediate neighbours.
Thursday 14 February 2008 8.12pm
Thanks for that. We have a residents meeting before consultation ends. I will print and we shall discuss.
Thursday 14 February 2008 9.16pm
For a quick overview of what is being suggested click on 'Proposed Plans' and scroll right down to the bottom - there are external elevations.

Strange that the design brief stipulated symmetry with the existing building....
Thursday 14 February 2008 10.25pm
Had a look at the building today - it already has 4 storeys.

Appears they will be expanding the building to the left into an existing car park, which is adjacent to your gaff spacemaker (?).

The North end of the North building in Boss House will be directly affected in terms of overlook and light blockage, plus the racket for however long it takes. How will this building affect you spacemaker???
Monday 18 February 2008 7.33pm
I'm ok BSB as my place is just far enough west of the site but some of my QES neighbours would lose a lot of light in the morning and may be overlooked. It's definitely of interest as it was first time round. Thanks again to AI.W for saving me a trip to the Council offices......

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: