Free to a Good Home

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 14 February 2008 9.23am
Anyone know a good place to dispose of unwanted technology? I'm trying Southwark SwapExchange.

Canon i965 USB colour inkjet + spare ink cartridges (no longer prints photos, fine for B&W and colour documents)
Toshiba VHS video recorder + remote control

Both are fairly modern but no longer required. It seems a shame and environmentally unfriendly to bid them. Free to a good home to anyone who wants to collect.

Thursday 14 February 2008 10.21am
Try freecycle too - there's a lambeth one (google freecycle for full address)
Thursday 14 February 2008 11.07am
Or take them to the British Heart Foundation shop on the Old Kent Road.
Thursday 14 February 2008 1.50pm
Chartiy shops are unfortunately not allowed to take electrical goods
Thursday 14 February 2008 2.22pm
Hi Tattie

That is generally true, but some will take small electrical goods. Best thing is to ring and ask them before going there.

Here is a full list of charity shops in London.
Thursday 14 February 2008 2.45pm
Freecycle also now has a Southwark group (though it's fairly new).

However, for offers of goods the wider London Freecycle group is perhaps better (it's massive, and there haven't been many of my old things for which it's failed to find a home).
Thursday 14 February 2008 3.35pm
Tattie wrote:
Chartiy shops are unfortunately not allowed to take electrical goods

So how does the BHF in OKR get washing machines and fridges to sell then? Surely they dont buy them in??
Thursday 14 February 2008 6.13pm
I would definitely recommend freecycle.

I believe the Heart Foundation shop is one of the very few that DO take electrical goods.
Friday 15 February 2008 1.15pm
I've bought a couple of electrical items from BHF..they have a tester guy come in and test all the white goods before resale.
Friday 15 February 2008 1.17pm
actually a question re the printer, why doesn't it print photos any more? Let me know as I teach on a local photography course and doubtless my students would want to give a home to your printer.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: