Cab rapist in London Bridge area - please be careful and spread the word

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 15 February 2008 7.50pm
Was just reading the evening standard and came across this:

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23437931-details/%27Cabbie%27+with+spiked+champagne+rapes+five/article.do

Basically - a man in a black cab pretends to have won the lottery and offers victim glass of champagne to share his joy. Champagne is laced with rohypnol and he then rapes the victim. Sounds like an urban myth but the bit that made me sit up was that he is choosing victims in London Bridge/Tooley Street area. Take care and I hope he is caught - we can only hope his head and tackle will be put on a pole outside the London Dungeon...
Friday 15 February 2008 8.15pm
I heard on one of the BBC London news programmes earlier today that a "35 yr old man had been detained for questioning" in connection with this. He may not be the culprit though, so best to stay on alert. One of the victims was picked up in London Bridge the others were dotted around London. Either way, it's a hideous way to take advantage of vulnerable women as black cabs are usually thought to be safe. I do hope he's caught soon.
Saturday 16 February 2008 9.27am
hi Jim, I'm glad you beat me to posting on this - I was just going to copy-paste the article in the Evening Standard - totally horrendous and hits particularly close to home for the rapist's SE1 association! I am thinking of asking for the cab driver's licence everytime I get in just to be sure.
Saturday 16 February 2008 10.48am
I'm not sure it's the same guy, but a convicted rapist, Terence O'Keefe, has escaped from a hopsital in Lambeth - 39, mixed race, with a shaved head and glasses.
Saturday 16 February 2008 3.11pm
let hope they catch this monster soon - pepper spay would be handy to have in your bag..... and the moral has got to be never accept a drink from a stranger
Saturday 16 February 2008 3.15pm
Small article in the Independent today says the police have arrested a man in connection with these attacks.
Tuesday 19 February 2008 11.50am
As proceedings are now active I am closing this thread.

PS - a police officer has asked me to point out that carrying pepper spray is not a good idea.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.

This thread has been closed

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: