Handyman/Locksmith/Anyone to change door lever

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 17 February 2008 6.43am
Hello,

I stay around the london bridge area and the door lever of my door has came out. I have just ordered for a new lever and latch online, but will need someone to fix it/replace it. Can anyone recommend a cheap handyman/locksmith/anyone? I'm a student and have no DIY knowledge and cant afford to pay much. I have no idea how much such a service would usually cost, so any advice will be great (in case I get overcharged)
Monday 18 February 2008 8.20am
A locksmith will charge you 100 for changing the locks. (Outrageous)
Monday 18 February 2008 2.24pm
There's a locksmith on Great Suffolk St (I think!) - why don't you pop in there for a quote or they may be able to recommend someone?
Monday 18 February 2008 6.07pm
Is this just the handle and post or the whole lock mechanism? Either is pretty simple, just requiring a screwdriver.
Monday 18 February 2008 6.09pm
Be happy to help you out if no one else offers.
Monday 18 February 2008 7.30pm
Is it sorted yet?
Tuesday 19 February 2008 9.16pm
I just received e handle today. The cheapest quotation I found to fit the handle costs 20 pounds. Is anyone here willing to do it for cheaper? :D

It looks like this http://www.doorhandlecompany.co.uk/prodView.asp?idproduct=1427

The handle on one side came out (incld the whole round thing?), so i bought a new set of lock and latch to replace it.I'm sorry I dont know how to describe. There's no locks required, so just replacing the handle. Er. I have no idea if drilling is required or anything? :S

Thanks for all the replies btw. :)
Sunday 24 February 2008 10.00pm
Bumming it up in hopes of getting some help. Please???
Wednesday 27 February 2008 7.53am
I've sent you a pm Orange - give me a shout.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: