Clothing repairs and alterations

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Wednesday 20 February 2008 4.13pm
I've got a coat (not leather) which needs a slightly fiddly repair which I'm not competent to do myself. Can anybody recommend a place that offers decent value for money in the vicinity of London Bridge, Borough or Elephant?

I did a search for older threads on the subject but couldn't find any, so sorry if this has been covered before.

Thanks in advance!
Wednesday 20 February 2008 4.15pm
I've taken work of this kind to both the well-known places on Tower Bridge Road (Crystal Clean is one, the other is next to Barclays but I can't remember its name). The work has been carried out adequately, but if the coat is of great value to you or if it's a delicate job - or indeed you're looking for an invisible mend - I would consider going further afield.
Wednesday 20 February 2008 4.30pm
Thanks longlaner. It's not of particular value - it's just a fiddly job (repair of a rip behind one of the buttons, so it needs to be strong, and will probably require getting in behind the lining to put a patch in). TBR is easy enough for me to get to en route to or from work.

I don't trust my local place (a tiny shop in SE5) since they fixed the hems on a light brown pair of trousers with black thread!
Thursday 25 September 2008 9.35pm
I'm having some alterations to an evening dress done at Dressed2Kill on The Cut - have heard good things about them but this is the first time I've used them. It's a beaded dress so fiddly job. Fingers crossed :-)
For more simple alterations - shortening trouser hems etc I use the tailor via the dry cleaners on New Kent Rd - good value and I've been impressed by the quality of the work.
Friday 26 September 2008 9.22am
Hi SophieLondon - what's the dry cleaners name? :)
Friday 26 September 2008 9.57am
For what it's worth, I ended up using Johnson's at Shad Thames. It would have been fiendishly expensive but I got it for free with Tesco Deals vouchers, and they did do a good job of the repair.
Friday 26 September 2008 8.53pm
aoibhneas wrote:

oops sorry
Magic Touch dry cleaners - between E&C roundabout and the BP garage by Bricklayers Roundabout by the flyover
Monday 29 September 2008 8.20am
Hi - I have my suits made at Dress2Kill an they're good at it. Never had alterations though.

I get all my clothes mended and adjusted at a dry cleaning shop in St Katherines Dock (not SE1, I know, but close enough) called lagoon (I think). Cant recomend it highly enough for that sort of thing. Polite and effecient.

If you want exact detials, please email me seprately.

Good luck

thanks

Rasf
Monday 29 September 2008 10.07am
I have had good service for repair work on several items of clothing at Tower Bridge cleaners - the drycleaners next to Barclays on TBR. Last item was a wool coat where I had ripped the seam under my arm of both the coat & the lining and you cannot tell now.
Monday 29 September 2008 12.06pm
SophieLondon wrote:
aoibhneas wrote:

oops sorry
Magic Touch dry cleaners - between E&C roundabout and the BP garage by Bricklayers Roundabout by the flyover

Thanks, might give it a go. :)
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: