Pavement on Bermondsey Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 21 February 2008 2.11pm
Last year, the pavement in Bermondsey Street was redone to be recently damaged by Thames Water. Large stripes of tar appeared to have replace the stones or tiles (not sure of the correct word in english).
Is it a case of bad timing or is Thames water going to replace those black stripes on the pavement with the original tiles/stones?
jh
Thursday 21 February 2008 2.19pm
doubtful....they just do a quick patch up job and leave it to the council who may or may not sort it out
Thursday 21 February 2008 3.28pm
I couldn;t help wondering if someone who works for Thames water is making a bit of extra dosh selling the removed pavements which are portland stone I beleave and quite expensive, cause they seem to have dissapeared.
Thursday 21 February 2008 3.40pm
How many streets are there in SE1?

Just the one - Bermondsey Street. No other roads seem to get a look in on the forum!
PKM
Thursday 21 February 2008 3.43pm
Jonathan K wrote:
Just the one - Bermondsey Street. No other roads seem to get a look in on the forum!

Which street would you like to talk about?
Thursday 21 February 2008 3.53pm
Jonathan K wrote:

I dont know morroco street seems to get quite a lot of mention in another thread:)
Thursday 21 February 2008 3.56pm
Never! Fancy!! Well who'd have thought, lol.....
jh
Thursday 21 February 2008 3.56pm
and not a decent bit of portland stone to be seen anywhere down there
Thursday 21 February 2008 4.00pm
Is this a virtual conversation? I know who you are....lol
Thursday 21 February 2008 6.34pm
I presume it will all get properly made good when Bermondsey Street is redone (which I believe is being planned... at least I hope so, because the road surface is one of the worst in London).
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: