Bad GP surgerys

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 15 October 2003 2.30pm
I would like to know if anyone in the bermondsey or old kent rd area has had any bad experiences with their gps. Im especially concerned with members of the Dun Cow surgery on old kent rd. although any other surgerys are ok. anything from misdiagnosis, to bad service.

Wednesday 15 October 2003 2.52pm
My young cousin had two small babies, the second was born prematurely, and first was not well, so she called a doctor from the Dun cow surgery requesting a home visit, as she would find it difficult to get two tiny babes and pram down flights of stairs....

She had to go to the surgery as they refused to come out. She moved with her husband to the Midlands as the air quality in the Old Kent Road was diabolical. I have heard it has a fearsome receptionist too..

There is another surgery further down , The Surgery as it's called, So many people have complained about it. The reluctance on the part of its doctors to home visit is legendary. I was told if my husband is too ill to visit, call an ambulance. Which I did twice and both times he was admitted to hospital. Even the Ambulance men had heard about this place. On one occasion I called the doctor in as I was con cerned about my husband having had a stroke and was falling over in his chair. He said he would come and see me four days time. I convinced him that my husband needed to be seen sooner rather than later.
When the esteemed doctor came he did not take a pulse, check breathing etc., in fact he did not stand nearer than five feet away! he was just a lazy b*******d . In essence don't go there either!

Wednesday 15 October 2003 2.56pm
It makes me so mad to read and hear of Docs being complete @$$holes . What exactly is their problem? Are they too important to move from their chairs?

As a medic (student) you can look forward to seeing a friendlier GP in your area soon!
Wednesday 15 October 2003 3.02pm

As I asked in the other thread Know a good Doctor, Why do you want to know about bad experiences?

Wednesday 15 October 2003 3.39pm
Hmm. Whilst I'm very happy for people to share good and bad experiences of local services etc on this forum, I am a little worried when people start threads actively fishing for negative comments.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.

This thread has been closed

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: