Old Kent Road & East Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Current: 11 of 11
Johnners Monday 10 October 2011 2.48pm
Chalky, donít mind me asking, is your first name Derek?

I ask because I used to play for Crail Utd and my brother in law is Dave Taylor, previous user of New Cross dog track.

I also keep in touch with Dave Allbury who now lives in Norfolk. In fact Iím seeing him in a few weeks time.

All the best
chalkey Monday 10 October 2011 8.25pm
Johnners,
I've sent you a pm which I hope, after two attempts, arrives.
Karen P Thursday 27 October 2011 4.02pm
Hi Stuart
No idea if you're still active on this forum. I came across it by chance when googling Paragon School. My mother attended there in the late'20s/30's and her name was Rose Collins, and I'm wondering if she's the friend referred to by your mother! My mother was born in 1923 but died in 1990, and her only surviving sister cannot recall her taking part in the show you mentioned (though she acknowledges that she didn't know all of my mother's friends/activities). She wonders whether your mum's name is Joan?! My aunt fondly recalls her life in Walworth from the late 20's to late 50s (with a break due to evacuation during WW2), and is keen to hear of anyone else who shared the same experiences. Karen
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Current: 11 of 11

To post a message, you must be a registered user. If you are already registered, please log in.

Subscribe now

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,300+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum

Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions