Horseshoe Inn

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Thursday 28 February 2008 12.11pm
anyone been past the Horseshoe in Melior st, having a massive do up has it changed hands? looks like its still going to be a pub I remember it was good 5or 6 years ago but seems to have been neglected for the last 2 or so anyone know when it reopens
Friday 29 February 2008 3.23pm
I went in about 4 months ago and there was new management then. Haven't been down for a while, will check it out over the weekend...
Saturday 19 April 2008 11.04am
Went in on Thursday. Huge improvement but a bit stark and now has harsh acoustics. Bar woman in desperate need of manners. It's more modern in that it's got church pews in, if you know what I mean.
Sunday 20 April 2008 9.27pm
And don't, whatever you do, go there with ....children! The bar staff will spontaneously combust.

Which is a shame as we have had some memorable (or not) SE1 daytime/evening socials there (with children)
Monday 21 April 2008 7.01am
I'm sad to read this, indeed we had lovely Se1 lunch there, children (well, Freddie) were welcome, the garden was super, the Irish music grand, and I have really happy memories. Oh dear, why do people spoil things?
Friday 25 April 2008 5.18pm
Two of us went to the Horseshoe last night at 9.20pm. We bought a bottle of wine. At 9.40pm my friend asked for the darts a couple had just handed in at the bar. He said 'no we're closing up'. She came back and told me this and we looked at our full glasses. A minute later he came through and grumpily said something like 'come on we're closing now'. Being a bit drunk we didn't want to get into an argument, so we just sat and drank our wine. Why would they serve a bottle of wine with 20 minutes to drink it? Why would they close at 9.40 without warning? What a crap pub and crap landlord. Last visit from me.
Thursday 1 May 2008 10.14am
went in last night-wednsday , wished. at first i had not bothered as football was on and was packed but as we were about to leave saw some fantastic real ales- so sat out back away from the crowds , though still busy with darts but what a change.The darts people made us welcome and my "friend"had some food as everyone else seemed to be eating , he said it was by far the best food he had eaten in a long time.Sat and talked about whats this pub trying too be and came to the conclusion its a PUB trying to be a PUB.I will be going back to have some more SPITFIRE and the Mongolan Noodles!!!!!!app better than sex!
Thursday 1 May 2008 10.27am
Is there anything you want to share with the forum about your connection to the Horseshoe, "Maeve"?

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Friday 2 May 2008 8.35am
Hi All, i am a local Letting agent/Mobile Disco and Karaoke DJ.

And the Horseshoe Inn will be having a grand opening night on the 15th May Thursday with Karaoke.

It would be nice to see the old place packed for a good old knees up.
Wednesday 7 May 2008 8.51am
jane casson wrote:
Jon Good wrote:
Hi All, i am a local Letting agent/Mobile Disco and Karaoke DJ.
And the Horseshoe Inn will be having a grand opening night on the 15th May Thursday with Karaoke.

It would be nice to see the old place packed for a good old knees up.
Sorry new to this forum Ive just moved in next to the horseshoe and just wondered if anyone can come to the do on the 15th or is it invites only?
PS I cant sing!!
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: