Waterbombs...and worse

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 3 March 2008 7.22pm
A word of warning. At about 6.30 this evening I was waterbombed from the roof of Douglas Buildings - at the junction of Sanctuary Street and Marshalsea Road. At least two kids were on the roof and there was evidence of previous attacks. Other people were also attacked and I was told that this is not the first time it has happened and that yoghourt pots and bricks had been thrown previously.
Does anyone know who to contact to prevent access to the roof by these hooligans?
Water is one thing, but bricks?
Tuesday 4 March 2008 10.53am
Is there still a superintendants office in the flats? or caretaker...
Tuesday 4 March 2008 11.47am
Not sure, Jan, but I'll investigate this arvo/evening.
Tuesday 4 March 2008 12.30pm
Have you told Cathedrals Ward safer neighbourhood team?
cathedrals.snt@met.police.uk

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Tuesday 4 March 2008 12.33pm
Thanks, James - will do right away.
Tuesday 4 March 2008 1.13pm
It doesn't really help that the internal doors in the courtyard of the block are either left open or have faulty locks on them. Also roof access is easy - once you get to the roof from one stairwell, you can walk around the roof of the whole building...! This lack of security is the real issue....
Tuesday 4 March 2008 2.19pm
exactly so - see my first post "Does anyone know who to contact to prevent access to the roof by these hooligans"
BTW - I've contacted Steve Dutton at Southwark police.
HAQ
Tuesday 4 March 2008 5.34pm
I live on Marshalsea Road and it is horrible walking past places that have been egged and have seen the remnants of waterbombs in places. Last year I was looking for my keys to get into my flat (it was sunday and very quiet) when a teenage boy threw a stone with great force, it hit the middle of my back. He laughed and ran off and I was in shock and in pain for a few weeks. I wanted to do something say something but also didn't know who to contact. I think it is horrible how some kids behave and how parents can allow it.
Zoe
Tuesday 4 March 2008 6.21pm
Is the building a council block?
Tuesday 4 March 2008 6.27pm
I dont know who the landlord of Douglas Buildings are, but if its Southwark Council it will be administered by
Borough and Bankside Area Housing Office
Library Street
Borough
London
SE1 0RG
020 7525 2500
boroughbanksidearea@southwark.gov.uk
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: