New shop on Bermondsey Street - yep, it's an estate agent

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 4 March 2008 9.46am
and then there was 6! Heard that Williams Lynch (whom I like and have been here 10 years) are moving further up the street only to be replaced by ANOTHER estate agent. Apparently there was interest from a lot of retailers but, lucky us, its another agent. Presume nothing can be done to stop this, but its a great shame that something can't be. Bmsey St has no chance of becoming a really great street if all we can buy on it are 2 bed flats and coffee...
Tuesday 4 March 2008 10.02am
A shame, but property is so in demand here it doesn't surprise me...

What we need is a butcher, fishmonger, fresh fruit and veg shop, etc. This will probably never happen though!
Tuesday 4 March 2008 10.19am
I'm rather surprised considering that there's supposed to be a downturn in the property market..well hope springs eternal in the estate agent's heart I dare say. But yes, it is a pity that we dont get something more for regular use.
Tuesday 4 March 2008 10.37am
think the existing agents are pretty angry about it themselves...only so much stock that can go around. Such a good location for a decent shop as well.
Tuesday 4 March 2008 11.13am
That is such a big disappointment! I don't understand why agents need so much office space - don't most people do their own searches on the web these days and only call the agent when they want to see something.
Tuesday 4 March 2008 12.02pm
Does anybody know which agent it is?
Tuesday 4 March 2008 12.08pm
no-one I'd ever heard of...but I heard a clothes shop almost got it until the agents stepped in.
Tuesday 4 March 2008 12.35pm
Don't particularly like estate agents, but view them as a necessary evil having used three of the current Bermondsey St. set for buying/renting flats. However, do view six as excessive. Interested to see if this leads to lower commission rates as the competitors vie for custom.

I'm guessing that rents are such on the street to price out a lot of prospective businesses that aren't dealing in high-value items.
Wednesday 5 March 2008 9.02am
Hopeless. I will keep my opinions on estate agents private. Enough said.
Tuesday 11 March 2008 12.43am
they should Enter the Twilight Zone...

they should get this 'must-rent' office
in a US ghost town - see if they can drum up any business locally

dee-dee daa-daa
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: