Recycling plastic

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 1 of 6
Monday 20 October 2003 3.52pm
Does anyone know where you can recycle domestic plastic? I can't bear throwing so much of it away ...
Tuesday 21 October 2003 8.40am
Anyone got any ideas?

gggggrrrrrruuff
Tuesday 21 October 2003 11.33am
Not too sure about the relevence of of the dog's post on this occasion, but anyway, the adds at the top of this page might help.

Also, there's a big recycle facility down past the Elephant & Castle, off Manor Place I think - but I can't remember if they do plastic or not.
Tuesday 21 October 2003 7.36pm
Just cut your credit cards in half and flush them down the loo.
Monday 3 November 2003 11.07am
some years ago I rang the council to enquire about recycling plastic bottles but they said they had no scheme because it's not cost effective. I looked further and found this to be the case everywhere I tried. the only useful advice I can give is move to Dusseldorf.
Monday 3 November 2003 1.36pm
What I do with mine is take it to my son's school so they can use it for art materials. It may be worth contacting local schools, colleges,universities to find out if they could use it.

Jenny
Sunday 16 November 2003 1.34pm
ideas of plastic used at local authorities, etc. great idea!
a place that recycles plastic is in Camden (opp Kentish Town train & tube station). I do this journey every 6 months whenever i can find transport. I'm wondering if this task could be shared?
ren

Post edited (16 Nov 03 13:35)
Sunday 16 November 2003 1.44pm
ideas of plastic used at local authorities, etc. great idea!
a place that recycles plastic is in Camden (opp Kentish Town train & tube station). I do this journey every 6 months whenever i cab find transport. I'm wondering if this task could be shared?
ren
Sunday 16 November 2003 5.49pm
I am used to recycle batteries too, but I never found a facility to do that here in London. Does anyone know how I can do that?
Sunday 16 November 2003 6.39pm
Apparently there's no facility for recycling batteries in the UK

http://www.recycleforlondon.com/recycle_more/what_can_i_recycle/Batteries.cfm

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 1 of 6

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: