SE1 gets a knitting shop!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 9 March 2008 9.04am
I've just found out that Iknit (, the yarn store currently located in Bonnington Square, Vauxhall, is moving to Lower Marsh next weekend. They announced it on their blog yesterday:

and here is their main site:

It's such a lovely shop and they have lots and lots (and lots!) of amazing yarn it's hard to find elsewhere e.g. Habu and Cherry Tree Hill, some nice independent dyers and producers, as well as Rowan and things like that. I've never been to any of their events, only the shop, but I know they also run evening knitting groups both in the shop & in pubs, and they have a film night and a book group as well. It says it's opening next Saturday so I just thought I would post this for any local knitters. It's definitely worth dropping in. I'm very excited that the yarn is finally coming to me! :)
Sunday 9 March 2008 9.30am
I've always wanted to learn to knit, does anyone know if there is anywhere locally that does classes?
Sunday 9 March 2008 10.13am
I knit do classes, definitely, have a look here:

or drop them an email.
Monday 10 March 2008 7.17pm
And look over in the socials section - we have an SE1 Stitch n bitch ... next meetings 17th and 31st March ... all welcome whatever your experience!
Monday 10 March 2008 8.52pm
Thanks for all the info. I can't knit at all, and have a co-ordination problem, so I need someone who will be very patient!
Monday 10 March 2008 10.21pm
do you girls use knitting 'power tools'

...knitting machines etc

/curious (..and joking :)
Tuesday 11 March 2008 11.21pm
Hiya, wanted to say hello! Didn't want to post here as it may have seemed inappropriate but we are really excited about moving into Lower Marsh. Opening day is this Saturday 15th and we'd love to see you for cake, chocolate and to celebrate our move to SE1.

Our Wednesday night weekly meeting this week will upstairs at the Camel & Artichoke from 6pm on the 12th...just turn up knit with us, have a few drinks and a good time...

Julie, where's the SnB held? I will add you to our group listings as I don't think we have you there (

I hope this doesn't seem like too much of an ad! If you walk by this week do knock on the door and relieve us from the scrubbing.

Wednesday 12 March 2008 11.13am
Hello Craig!
I was hoping to get the SE1 snb into your listings but as we are quite new I hadn't got round to it (we were inspired to do it by your SNB day last Nov which we loved!)

17th will be at the Leather Exchange on Leathermarket St
31st likely to be at a pub off Stamford St
Don't know if it would be possible to post this link with it as locations are always posted on there (as they are on here in the Socials section)

Good luck with the shop - the fit-out pics look great on Flickr ... and I hope to pop by on Saturday with my little boy who is dying to get knitting!
Saturday 15 March 2008 8.01pm
I can safely report that this shop is dangerous ... with a breathtaking selection of yarn ... countless books and magazines ... beads, kits and lollies ... I can feel a restraining order coming on!

No connection (sadly) other than being a satisfied customer!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: