Need a GP recommendation...

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
CGB
Monday 10 March 2008 1.33pm
Hi
This has probably been asked before, but I just moved into the area and need to register with a GP. Could anyone recommend a good surgery taking on new patients, please? I live near the John Harvard library.
Thank you very much!
Cristina
Monday 10 March 2008 3.15pm
I've always found New Mill St surgery to be excellent - I think you may be within their catchment zone
CGB
Monday 10 March 2008 3.24pm
Thank you, Sarah. I will give them a call!
Tuesday 11 March 2008 3.35pm
I just registered with the New Mill Street surgery myself, and found them very professional and kind.
I hope you will be able to register. Good luck!
CGB
Tuesday 11 March 2008 4.16pm
Thanks Alessia, but I called them and they are not in my catchment area :-(((
So I'm going to try the Borough Medical Centre instead...does anyone have any experience with them, good or bad?
Thank you again!
Tuesday 11 March 2008 5.01pm
I'm pretty sure you can't choose a GP in this country but that the catchment area chooses you, unlike countries like Germany and Switzerland where you can go to whoever you want
CGB
Wednesday 12 March 2008 11.05am
Yes, Indie: in Spain I go to whichever doctor I choose, but it seems not here! Oh well, it is what it is, so...:-)))
Wednesday 12 March 2008 11.07am
You should also try the bermondsey & lansdowne medical mission off long lane. I've always found them ok.
CGB
Wednesday 12 March 2008 4.49pm
Well, after ringing around what felt like every surgery in the book, the only one who admitted to being in my catchment are is the Falmouth Road surgery.
Does anyone recommend them? It seems it's pretty much either that or waiting until I fly home to see the doctor!!
Thank you very much,
Cristina
Thursday 13 March 2008 10.38am
i have been with Falmouth road since year dot(my mum was under them when expecting me!) and yes they are good-the advantage is a big group practice so lots of other sevices on site-osteopath, advisors nurses etc and a good choice of doctors.

The disadvantage is getting appointments is not always easy-they have a few advance appointments but otherwise you have to ring at 9 am on the day you want to go which is not always easy or convienient.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: