Riot Squads

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 12 March 2008 7.13am
Does anyone know what was happening Tower Bridge Road/Leroy street this morning at 6.30?

Saw a squadron or so it seemed of Police in full riot gear marching toward Leroy street. Three police riot vans, one ambulance.

It seemed very serious even by my blase approach to life in se1...

the poor police have a rotten job now days.
Wednesday 12 March 2008 10.59am
I live on Leroy Street, I didnt hear or see anything!!!
Wednesday 12 March 2008 11.03am
probably filming.....
Wednesday 12 March 2008 12.04pm
Maybe Ken or the LDA have a document storage facility nearby?
Wednesday 12 March 2008 12.24pm
No I saw the vehicles screaming by with the sirens on earlier going along new kent road.
Thursday 13 March 2008 10.53pm
Prob just an early morning raid

If there is a threat of violence/weapons the police will always go in mob handed , and always has a paramedic ambulance on standby
Friday 14 March 2008 9.10am
Maybe a new exhibit for the conceptual art show at 55 Leroy Street (open Sat + Sun 2-6pm until 30th March)?

Details below of "Forensic":

Forensic is the first 'The Space In-Between' project. It takes the space itself as the starting point for an exhibition of installations and interventions.

The building at 55 Leroy Street awaits transformation from vacant light-industrial warehouse to contemporary apartments.

Structural and cosmetic changes to the interior have created an environment that bears traces of previous occupants.

Though specific references are difficult to locate there is documentation of trades including wheelwrights, underwear makers and 'novelty' producers registered at the address.

Seven artists were invited to investigate the historical and current condition of the building - the exhibition presents their responses.

Declaration of interest : My cousin, Mandy Williams is one of the exhibitors. Nice show, though.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: