Seeking a good dentist

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 1 of 7
Saturday 15 March 2008 11.39pm
We're desperately seeking a good dentist. Does anyone know of one locally. We are are both a bit dentist phobic and my partner has severe toothache and a history of bad dentistry. Suggestions gratefully received.
Sunday 16 March 2008 7.15am
I've been satisfied with MP Dental close to Bermondsey Tube - 0207 231 2883. They seem pretty ethical.

I also suggest you try Paramol or equivalent for tooth pain relief. It's worked for me a few times.

Good luck!
Monday 17 March 2008 11.16am
I can thoroughly recommend MP Dental too, and dont forget if its a real emergency there is always the Dental Department attached to Kings College Hospital Denmark Hill too.
Monday 17 March 2008 12.44pm
try mr kwan at the Elephant-i hate dentists and he is very good with me!!
Tuesday 18 March 2008 4.40pm
The SE1 Dental Centre on Kennington Road (near Lambeth North tube station) is excellent. The dentists are lovely, and to make it even better, their prices are reasonable compared with other dentists! I am in the process of having an implant fitted (at the ripe old age of 33 - sob!) and a friend of mine has just been quoted the same procedure at his local dentist for 500 more than mine was. I am really happy with the professionalism and expertise of the dentists I've seen so I don't think the price difference is reflective of the service.
Tuesday 18 March 2008 5.32pm
I agree, the SE1 dental practice people are all lovely and I am also terrified of going to the dentist.
Thursday 20 March 2008 2.49pm
Thanks guys, i'll try the SE1 dental Practice. Partner hasn't sorted out dodgy tooth yet, and is living on painkillers, the fool.
All the dentists he's rung can't see him immediately or aren't taking any more clients, (that's what he tells me anyway....). However, need to go there myself, so I don't end up in similar state, (it's been a long time, am a dental-phobe).
Thursday 20 March 2008 7.40pm
Hi,

I've been going to Angela Portelly in St Georges Road (inbetween the elephant roundabout & War Museum) for atleast 10 years - she's great - 02079284474.

Good luck!
Friday 21 March 2008 3.10pm
All for the SE1 Dental Centre too. They have a great aquarium. I usually see Monica there - she's very good and you'll be in safe hands. If the dentist freaks you out too much don't be afraid to take someone you know with you.
Whilst you're there, there's a great baker next door - it's where we get our fresh bread from all the time.
Tuesday 16 December 2008 8.23am
We agree regarding SE1 Dental Centre. Sadly Gillian, another dentist there has left. We loved her. Does anyone know where she went?
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 1 of 7

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: