Scaffolders

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 16 March 2008 1.44pm
Hi All

I need to paint the windows at the back of our house, so require scaffolding to be carried through the house and erected. Does anyone know of a reliable, careful firm that they have used that I could approach?

Many thanks
Sunday 16 March 2008 1.48pm
Why not hire a scaffolding tower and erect yourself? Easily put together and cleaner than a bunch of guys marching through the house.
Tuesday 18 March 2008 10.21am
But not for 4 storeys... unless you have a death wish.
Tuesday 18 March 2008 6.25pm
Ah! Yes, wouldn't recommend it:)
Monday 14 July 2008 12.27pm
Did you ever sort out your scaffolders? I need them to get my new curtain walling up to my seventh floor flat.
Monday 14 July 2008 1.26pm
No, I put the project on hold until next year when I will probably take a recomendation from the decorator. Why do you need scaffolding for curtain walling?
Monday 14 July 2008 1.44pm
I have to get everything up to the seventh floor and some components such as the frame for the patio doors are too big to go in the lift or through any of the doors in our building. If I get it sorted out I will let you know which scaffolders I use if they are any good.
Monday 14 July 2008 5.18pm
What about a crane? How do your neighbours feel about having scaffolding erected?
Monday 14 July 2008 5.31pm
We would need a very large crane and have to close the road etc, I was quoted 8000. Scaffolding won't really affect my neighbours as it will be on roof of the floor below and my roof terrace to hold the hoists. The job should only take one week.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: