London Bridge/Rotherhithe Penninsula Buses

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 18 March 2008 11.15am
I see more buses to be placed on the 381 route. Aside from the this route which I find notoriously unreliable, and enjoying the unenviable position of drivers who think they are on a Formula 1 circuit, I wondered what other peoples views are on buses serving the Tooley Street/Jamaica Road route.

Seems ot me what is really needed is a good bus linking to the West End - the RV1 which was a godsend when it started is stuffed to the rafters now, and whilst reliable, painfully slow!

As for nightbuses - the N47 is frankly a horrid experience!

Related news & features

Tuesday 18 March 2008 1.29pm
Not sure what is wrong with the N47 unless it is a reference to the users.

For getting into the west end alight any Jamaica Road bus at Bermondsey tube and take the Jubilee Line for 10/12 minutes to Green Park/Bond Street... a 'faster' bus route over this distance is unlikely to be feasible.
Tuesday 18 March 2008 3.28pm
I won't use the N47, after being surrounded by noisy, drunken/stoned yobs each time.

The 381 is unreliable.....as is the C10, which started out so well when it was extended to Canada Water.

Last Saturday, I waited for 50 minutes and then stood in a moving sardine can, from Pimlico to Long Lane, making a total of 1hr 20minutes....it should take me around 30 mins, door to door. The War Demo was used as an excuse by the driver - who crammed so many people on, in a bid to help, that one literally couldn't move. Strange how they seemed to be getting through at regular intervals, towards Victori, as I waited in the rain.

I agree, the Jubilee Line is a fast and, generally, reliable way of getting from SE16 into the West End.
Tuesday 18 March 2008 5.41pm
Yeah, guess was talking about the yob element on the N47. Seeems to me a shame we do not have a choice of nightbus too - so crammed!

Yeah, tube it is I guess, but in morning and evening rush that is so chocker to capacity a bus alternative would be good. However, noted there are only so many Oyster pounds to go around!
Tuesday 18 March 2008 7.23pm
For Covent Garden/Holborn/Tottenham Court Road I quite like the No. 1 or 188.
Tuesday 25 March 2008 6.56pm
I find the C10 a fantastic route, and I've read that its frequency is to be increased.

While on the subject of buses, I was horrified to read of the bus crash in Lower Road, and of the man knocked down and killed by a bus in St George's Road. The London bus driver used to be the safest driver on the road. How things have changed.
Wednesday 26 March 2008 9.31am
Yes, the No 1 is I think good for the centre - I think many people don't realise it's a short walk from most places to catch it though, if they're from the riverside area! Of course I'm biased since it goes from my front door.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: