SE1 over Easter

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 19 March 2008 2.41pm
Does anyone know if there are any events going on over the bank holiday weekend in SE1 (or the rest if London come to think about it) ? I haven't seen anything on at all and I have friends coming up for the day on Good Friday and I'm at a bit of a loose end, so need inspiring.
Thanks
Kara
Wednesday 19 March 2008 2.46pm
- Good Friday events in SE1
- Saturday
- Easter Sunday
- Easter Monday

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 19 March 2008 3.56pm
Ooops... this is the weekend AFTER Easter...sorry...Also well worth a visit is the London Glassblowing Spring Open Weekend & Sale (11am-5pm) from Friday 28 March 2008 to Sunday 30 March 2008 at 7, The Leather Market, Weston Street, SE1.

Seeing glass being blown is fascinating (sit and watch by the furnaces on a cold day !) and the designs are very colourful and varied.

No connection
Wednesday 19 March 2008 3.58pm
On your list of events James, it says that the print show at Advanced Graphics is open over Easter. The gallery is closed Friday to Monday.

...if you press it, they will come.
Wednesday 19 March 2008 4.00pm
Hence the note that says "NB: Some ongoing exhibitions may not be open today; check venue opening hours".

I agree it's less than ideal and will be improved. The system just looks at start dates and end dates - it gets very complicated when you try to deal with exhibitions not open seven days or theatrical productions with highly variable schedules.

Wednesday 19 March 2008 4.55pm
Of course. I didn't mean it as a criticism. Just thought it might help anyone who was planning to go. Quite fancied it myself (which was how I came to go on their website and found out they were closed).

I understand that it would be more than a full time job to try to keep that sort of info up to date, and I'm already so grateful for all the info that you do put up that I'd only ever think to praise the SE1 site.

...if you press it, they will come.
Wednesday 19 March 2008 5.00pm
Sorry if I sounded defensive (it wasn't intended)- it's a very good point and especially pertinent over the four-day weekend.

Thursday 20 March 2008 2.10pm
The Unicorn Theatre are having a Community Day, Sat 22 March. They're running two of their current shows - I think there are two performances of each on Saturday, best to check.

Tickets are free to Southwark residents but must be booked in advance, see www.unicorntheatre.com

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: