Barbers on Bermondsey Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Tuesday 25 March 2008 10.29am
We have just moved into the area and my boyfriend is looking for a good barbers/hairdressers that is reasonably priced. I've seen the threads on Andrew Brown but I was wondering if anyone has been to the 'barbers' on Bermondsey Street. I'm not sure the name but it's on the same side near Al's Cafe I think. Just wondered what the prices were and if they're any good?
Thanks
Tuesday 25 March 2008 11.27am
I have just returned from the Barber's in Tower Bridge Road, just around the corner from Decima Street. I've been going there for the last 2.5years, so you'd think I'd remember the name! :-) Could it be Kouros?

Young Nero [who works near the window] looks after me very well and it costs only 10.

Worth a visit.
Tuesday 25 March 2008 11.41am
Kardos is the place you're thinking of.

(Babbs, your boyfriend is a lucky bloke to have you running round after him like this. But I'd be suspicious of a man who's unable to sort out his own haircuts;0))

...if you press it, they will come.
Tuesday 25 March 2008 4.29pm
George on Bermondsey St.
I've been using him for 20+ years on he's never once cut it right ;)
Tuesday 25 March 2008 5.09pm
slightly further but my husband uses the one at the Borough end of Tabard street and it is always busy so can't be that bad!
Tuesday 25 March 2008 6.57pm
The guys on Tabard st, by Empire (Tabard) sq are very good for under a tenner. So are the girls in the Borough Market barbers for 15.
Wednesday 26 March 2008 5.50pm
Kardos is not to be recommended imo. Absolute scalping job.

Once, desperate for a cut, I tried the dodgy barber's by the Bus Stop cafe on TBR (Sterling, I think they're called). I was thankful to leave with my head attached, even if there was no hair...

There's a great little barber just beyond B&Q on the OKR (just outside SE1). About 6.
ADT
Thursday 27 March 2008 9.52am
I've always been happy with Kardos, but I find they close too early on a weekday. At the minute I mostly go to one on the bit of OKR between the Total garage and Tescos (Nico's?), decent haircut & open after office hours, which is handy.
Thursday 27 March 2008 11.21am
Thanks for all your advice, I think he may just try Andrew Brown as it's just round the corner from us and at 29 that's not too bad as he currently pays 25. I didn't realise there was such a difference between a barbers and a hairdressers!
Thursday 27 March 2008 4.31pm
Decor and Coffee, I should imagine!

Mapmaker - to the best of my knowledge I still have my scalp and have returned a dozen or so times. Maybe he was having a bad-hair-day :-)
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network