Cachaça ?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Thursday 23 October 2003 6.01pm
Does anyone know a wine merchant in or around SE1 or the City which sells cachaça ? The only place I know in London that sells it is Harvey Nichols and I don't have time to get there before tomorrow night...

I've tried Oddbins and the Majestic attached to Vinopolis but with no luck.

All thoughts appreciated.
Friday 24 October 2003 12.29am
There's an off licence half way down Borough High Street on the left (as you head away from London Bridge) - nearly opposite the Sainsbury's Local. Otherwise you might be lucky with an off licence in Leadenhall Market - north side of London Bridge, east side of Bishopsgate. Good luck!

Friday 24 October 2003 8.20am
the people that sell wine in Borough Market might have it but I'm not 100% certain that they run their stall on Friday as well as Saturday.

Friday 24 October 2003 10.22am
Thanks guys - I tried most of the off licences in and around Borough High Street last night, but Leadenhall Market is a good idea.

Otherwise, it will just have to be caipiroshkas rather than caipirinhas....
Friday 24 October 2003 12.06pm
If Soho rather than Knightsbridge is within walking distance:

Gerry's International Wines and Spirits
74 Old Compton St
London, W1V
Tel: 020-7734-2053
Tuesday 28 October 2003 1.50pm
really surprised Oddbins nr Ldn Bridge didn't have it.

where did you get it from in the end?

(isn't there a Sth American eating place in Borough still - used to be some time ago, but I've moved away and back since then)

...if you press it, they will come.
Thursday 30 October 2003 10.32am
Sadly, the nice lady in Oddbins by London Bridge didn't even know what it was, let alone have it in stock.

Made a trip into Soho in the end (thanks for the tip LR), but have since discovered that Waitrose stock it too...

Monday 3 November 2003 10.48am
Waterloo Wine Warehouse in Lant St, right around the corner from Borough tube must surely be able to help. Nice helpful folks in there too.
Monday 3 November 2003 1.37pm
Have you tried looking for it on the net? It would be worth a try!

Monday 3 November 2003 11.00pm
I've recently brought some Cachaca 51 from the Pont de la Tour wine shop on Shad Thames.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: