Parking near Great Suffolk Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
se1fan Tuesday 25 March 2008 4.58pm
Hi everyone,
I am soon to be moving to Signal House on Great Suffolk Street and I can't wait. However, I have a car and I'm having problems accesssing any relevant information via Southwark council. Does anyone know much does a resident's parking permit costs? Does this mean I can park on Gt Suffolk St? Alternatively, does anyone know any free to park roads in the area? I don't mind a long walk as I only use it max once a week at the weekends as it is.
I could always get rid of the car, but would like to hang on to it if possible... any info would be gratefully received!

Advertisement

Ivanhoe Tuesday 25 March 2008 5.04pm
Try the Council's Parking Shop

...if you press it, they will come.
westofbank Tuesday 25 March 2008 6.57pm
Free to park roads. I think you need the suburbs.
hydrometer Tuesday 25 March 2008 7.07pm
I think Great Suffolk Street borders both C1 and C2 zones depending on where in Great Suffolk Street you live. You will only be able to buy the relavant zone permit that your address is listed in.
The council parking shop in Old Kent Road near Tesco will be able to help. Permits cost near the 100 per year mark but you can buy them for shorter periods.
hydrometer Tuesday 25 March 2008 7.12pm
Also, don't forget to register with TFL for your 90% residents discount for the congestion charge.
Jan the old one Wednesday 26 March 2008 9.08am
Streetcar apparently is very good for occasional use..
se1fan Wednesday 26 March 2008 9.22am
Thanks so much for your messages - very useful - I shall go to the parking shop and ask about resident's parking.
Cheers all
ADT Wednesday 26 March 2008 9.40am
The council website has parking maps:

http://www.southwark.gov.uk/YourServices/transport/parking/WhereToPark/cpzmaps.html

Signal House is in the Borough (C2) zone - there is limited permit holder parking at that end of Gt Suffolk Street, but it tends to be quite full of cars, so I'm not sure how easily you'd find a space.
eugene Tuesday 1 April 2008 10.11am
also check out parkopedia.com for parking on great suffolk street or for parking in SE1 in general

good luck.
James Hatts Tuesday 1 April 2008 11.11am
Eugene,

There's no problem with you mentioning parkopedia, but please make sure that you disclose that it's your own website when you link to it.

Editor of the London SE1 website and SE1 Direct newsletter

To post a message, you must be a registered user. If you are already registered, please log in.

Subscribe now

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,300+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum

Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions