What is that bright light??

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Friday 28 March 2008 6.58pm
Looking nor-north-east from my window on New Kent Road tonight, there is a crazy round bright light blinding me. What on earth is it?
Friday 28 March 2008 8.38pm
Ok curiosity got the better of me, and I followed the great light. It's a gigantic floodlight in Merrick Square, where a night-for-day music video is being filmed for the singer Duffy. The North side of the square is full of helium balloons. Apparently the light will be off by 9. Hope so, because it is right in my face.
Monday 31 March 2008 8.25am
I think she is meant to be recording her new single Warwick Avenue and the video is meant to be based on the Bansky picture Girl with red Balloon
Monday 31 March 2008 11.37am
No. You're all wrong ;0)

It's the SUN!!! Happy Spring everyone.

...if you press it, they will come.
Monday 31 March 2008 2.58pm
Ivanhoe wrote:
No. You're all wrong ;0)
It's the SUN!!! Happy Spring everyone.

It's true - I went outside today and I HAVE SEEN THE LIGHT ;-)

it may be a few million light years away from us, but it sure is nice to see the big ol' sun again.
Happy daze!!
Monday 31 March 2008 7.47pm
"it may be a few million light years away from us"

Actually, light from the Sun only takes 499 seconds to reach us. So thats about 1/1000000th of a light year, rather than a few million.

Point taken however.
Tuesday 1 April 2008 12.08am
Why not record the video for that song - one of the weakest on her album - at Warwick Avenue tube station, since that's where it begins?
Tuesday 1 April 2008 10.24pm
misfit wrote:
"it may be a few million light years away from us"
Actually, light from the Sun only takes 499 seconds to reach us. So thats about 1/1000000th of a light year, rather than a few million.

Point taken however.

Misfit - are you available to give physics and maths lessons by any chance? Methinks I might just need it! ;-)
Wednesday 2 April 2008 9.35pm
Friday 4 April 2008 11.25am
I was going to say 'is is the sun?' - but was beaten to it! don't worry though chustler I've been watching the same sun as you have for the past year, and wherever we've been it's also continued to rise every day, so that's ok.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: