primary schools

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 27 October 2003 4.27pm
Hi everyone,

I have a 4 year old daughter who is going to start at primary school in January. We have been offered places by Snowsfield, Grange and Townsend primary schools. The OFSTED reports only tell you so much, and I have no idea what to make of the very limited statistics they publish. If anyone has any personal experience with any of the schools I mentioned, I would love to hear from you.

Jan V. (Anxious parent)

Monday 27 October 2003 5.07pm
Townsend Street 1st choice.......dont know about Snowsfields, Grange a couple of years had bad reports...Charles Dickens is a good school..Boucher if you are church goer..
My grand-daughter went to Townsend School and my daughter was happy with it. She moved two years ago to a school outside of London and was able to keep up with other pupils in her new school with no problem. ( hew new school was one of the top schools in the midlands)
it's a rotten worry though...hope she settles well where ever she goes to :-)

jan
Wednesday 29 October 2003 11.43am
One of the most highly regarded schools in SE1 is The Cathedral School of St Saviour Overie in Redcross St - it is a C of E school but also accepts a % of non denominational pupils and some out of area pupils.

We were anxious parents and although we live in SE16 went to look at the school for our now 7 year old son in 2001 and were very impressed. He didn't get offered a place and is now happily settled in a local school but the Cathedral school did call us at the beginning of Yr 1 to see whether we were still interested.

The deputy head of my son's current primary school has recently been appointed Head of Tower Bridge primary school if that's of interest.

We also have a two year old so will have to go through the whole process again in two years time!

Good luck.

Wednesday 29 October 2003 1.27pm
Yes another recommendation for the Cathedral School, highly sort after !!
Check it out!

B Emmerton

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: