Marigold Pub - Bermondsey Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
JGarcia Monday 31 March 2008 9.13am
I noticed on Saturday that the Marigold Pub (right behind he new development on Bermondsey Sq) is being ripped out and looks like it's having a refit. I had heard it was for sale, so it looks like a new owner has taken it over. From what I saw, it was being kept as a pub, which is good.

Advertisement

ADT Monday 31 March 2008 11.40am
The door was open when I walked past - looked like the bar itself was being retained (unless they'd just not got around to removing it), but everything else had been taken out.
carmenes82 Monday 31 March 2008 12.17pm
Another gastropub?
Kevin Dolan Sunday 6 April 2008 7.10am
hi all, i use the Marigold a lot. there is no new owner, but Kevin, who is the Landlord, has been planning a refit for quite a while now. Should be re-opening very soon.
k
Mark Roelofsen Monday 7 April 2008 9.49am
Seems to be open now. Looks good, and we will pop in soon. We were very impressed with the speed of the work!
Pops Wednesday 9 April 2008 10.18am
It looks really nice. Not sure if its open yet??
justinito Wednesday 9 April 2008 12.36pm
It was packed on Saturday afternoon when I walked past.

To post a message, you must be a registered user. If you are already registered, please log in.

Subscribe now

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,300+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum

Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions