Southwark Rooms

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Wednesday 29 October 2003 10.28am
Has anyone been here yet?
Wednesday 29 October 2003 11.24am
what/where is it?

...if you press it, they will come.
Wednesday 29 October 2003 11.52am
It's a new bar on Southwark Street. I'm going there tonight, but I heard it had a bad review in Metro this miorning, so just wondered what people thought.....

http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/672
Wednesday 29 October 2003 12.08pm
Oh, thanks. Hope it's good. Maybe you could put a few comments on the forum afterwards.

(I never know whether a bad review in Metro is necessarily a bad thing, but whatever it's like it's surely good that there's some extra choice in an area that could do with it. I've always thought that Sthk Bridge Rd area was a bit short of any sort of place to have a nice few drinks - but that may well be my own ignorance)

Thursday 30 October 2003 2.32pm
LMJJ - was it any good??

Thursday 30 October 2003 3.40pm
My hangover is too bad to tell you.....

Good cocktails, though (and we were given free ones too.)
Thursday 30 October 2003 3.43pm
Excellent. Hope the rest of the day is gentle with you, and thanks for the feedback (I always find ginger beer good for stomach-settling and sugar boost in these situations)

Thursday 30 October 2003 7.55pm
Deep envy.

Half term. Two fighting kids. One with impetigo which means we are social lepers. A headache that even three Penguin biscuits won't cure.

A cocktail sounds like a great idea. And a hangover would give me the excuse for being 'a bad mum'.

My daughter just asked if I was alive in World War II. I certainly feel old enough. And I don't even know what cachaça is.

So TLMJJ - invite me along next time. Perhaps we could both invite that nice sounding biscuit boy.

Post edited (30 Oct 03 19:58)
Friday 31 October 2003 1.44am
I will invite you next time - love to see you again. (Been out again tonight - am already dreading tomorrow!)

(Hic)
Friday 31 October 2003 11.19pm
Whey-ho sounds exciting. I am looking forward to it.

Plus we can celebrate.

Long term residents of the forum...thats Jo Jo (who turned out to be not what she seemed) and Jan, and James of course, will know that I have engaged in a three year campaign - too mild a word perhaps - to save my park. I've never done anything like it before, but somehow decided enough was enough and that I was going to become the immovable object that was going to prevent the big developers of the area from turning my kids playground into a private tennis centre. (Actually those cachaça drinkers out there probably would have preferred a tennis centre but lets not mind them.)

Anyway the girl's gone and done it. (Aided and abetted by plenty of friends.) Last month Lambeth signed a new 40 year lease on Archishops Park, which means those developer types can't get their hands on it. Lambeth, of course, forgot to tell us, but word has slipped out. ......

Dance on the roof-tops time.

Post edited (06 Jan 04 23:32)
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: