Man & Van / Van

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Friday 4 April 2008 7.31pm
I'm shortly moving to SE1 from North London and am looking to hire someone to help move my stuff. It seems cheaper to pay someone else to help for a morning rather than hire a self-drive van for the weekend (most hire companies other than share schemes with membership fees only seem to do weekend hires).

Cheapest I have found is a company which drives to you with a transit van, you load yourself, they drive with you on board to your destination where you then unload yourself. That works out at about 60 with 30 minutes loading/unloading at either end.

Has anyone used a similar service that they would recommend?

Thanks v much
Saturday 5 April 2008 10.48am
You should try Big Van you can call Graham on 07956 847 809. We have used them 3 times now and it works out not much more than van hire- but they load/unload as well. They are reliable and quick.
Not connected etc....
Sunday 6 April 2008 9.46am
I have also used Graham for moving home, and am happy to recommend. No connection either except happy customer.
Monday 7 April 2008 9.46am
If it will all go in a transit van then call Paul "Friendly guy with a van" man on 07855415424.

I have personally moved with him three times and he has just left from my workplace with several deliveries for us!

I have been using him now for over 5 years and even my customers now use him. Lovely bloke-very clean van and he is extremely prompt if not early!

I can also recommend Big Van-nice guys if you have need of a bigger van. One trip in a big van is definately cheaper than several in a smaller one.

Happy customer of Paul's and my ex partner used Graham for his move and all went well.
Monday 7 April 2008 1.17pm
Thanks very much for all your help.

I've give Graham and Paul calls for quotes and let you know how I get on!
Tuesday 15 April 2008 12.12pm
A company called Rocket Van recently collected some items from me (a settee and chairs now gracing Southwark Playhouse bar) and they cost 50 an hour with a minimum 11/2 hours time (i.e. 75). They seemed good! Tel: 07809 601500
Monday 17 October 2011 1.22pm
Hi all,

doesn't seem to be a recent thread about this (sorry if i've missed it) - can anyone recommend a good moving man/van combo?

The sad time has come to leave SE1 *sob* damn you London house prices!!!

Thanks in advance xxx
Monday 17 October 2011 1.43pm
Rocket Van has been recommended by others on this site in this thread

I have no personal connection to them.
Monday 17 October 2011 1.44pm
I had a great experience with Rocketvan from Union Street. http://www.rocketvan.co.uk/
Friday 23 December 2011 2.23pm
Big van are fantastic - moved me last weekend in 2 hrs on a Sunday. Stuart and his men were mega helpful, cheery and efficient. I'd definitely recommend them next time I move.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: