Looking for an architect and/or good builder

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 10 April 2008 10.57am
We're looking for an architect to help us with a small project reconfiguring the layout of our flat near London Bridge. It's not hugely complicated but will involve knocking down a wall and false ceiling, moving a bathroom, putting in a new kitchen and installing new windows.

There won't be any planning permission required but we need someone with experience of building regs.

Does anyone know a local architect who is prepared to take on a small project - so far, anyone we've contacted is only interested in grander designs than ours. An architect looking for a private job might be an option or a good builder who can coordinate all the work.

Any recommendations gratefully received!
Thursday 10 April 2008 11.28am
You could try these guys:

Phil Hughson
Insideout
Lower Penthouse C505, The Jam Factory, 27 Green Walk, London SE1 4TQ
Tel/Fax: 0207 378 0394
Mob: 07812 079922
Email: huey@insideoutnz.com

I believe they did quite a bit of fit-out work at the Jam Factory (where they are based) We used them for some electrical work and were really pleased with them.

No connection (no pun intended!) etc etc
Thursday 10 April 2008 2.42pm
My guys are great, several Se1s have used them, they worked for me for years (I'm a builder). Call Mariusz 07919-037194. Say Jackie sent you!
Thursday 10 April 2008 4.01pm
Julie/Jackie,

Thanks very much - we've called both contacts as well as a couple of others recommended in earlier threads and are now arranging for initial assessment/quotes.

Emma
Tuesday 22 September 2009 12.50pm
Godsmark Architecture offer a free, no obligations initial visit, where the architect will discuss your requirements and produce sketch ideas.

Godsmark Architecture consists of two registered architects with over 20 years of experience in Residential, Public and Retail building sectors.
Applying modern design skills and technical standards Godsmark Architecture offer the following professional services:

- Full Architectural Design
- Planning Applications
- Building Regulations
- Space Planning and Interior Design
- Project Management
- Contract Administration

Tel: 020 7739 0399 / 07815 437 028 / 07967 817 327
Email: mail@godsmarkarchitecture.com
Web: www.godsmarkarchitecture.com
Tuesday 22 September 2009 3.12pm
zuko wrote:
Godsmark Architecture offer a free, no obligations initial visit, where the architect will discuss your requirements and produce sketch idea.

Are you recommending them from genuine experience - or just posting a free advert?
Wednesday 23 September 2009 1.58pm
I am representing the business and thereby offering our professional services as sort by the original thread.
Wednesday 23 September 2009 3.04pm
tut tut - never forget to mention your affiliation otherwise Mr Hatts (and other forum members) might just get a tiny bit upset.....

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: