Satellite TV expert needed

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 11 April 2008 3.30pm
If anyone is an expert at how to connect my TV, Sky box and DVD recorder,please let me know.......Free beer or wine is on offer to a willing volunteer to come over to Empire Square and help me sort it out !!!
Friday 11 April 2008 3.57pm
Call Jo Sandby on 07831-257875. He can do the lot. Tell him I gave you his name. He was here last week and fixed my Sky dish which had lost the plot. He's done all that stuff for me for years.
Friday 11 April 2008 4.02pm
Ooo, I desperately need help with this too. I thought I was usually quite good at this kind of thing but my new DVD recorder has completely defeated me, and several others who have had a go at sorting it all out.

Somehow connecting the TV, DVD recorder and Freeview with any combinations of wirework, results in the same thing - I can record only terrestrial channels but am not able to watch anything, not even the programme I am recording, at the same time.

I am starting to long for my old VHS system and the temptation to throw the whole lot over the balcony is almost overwhelming.

So, copious beer/wine for any volunteer, as above. I am over near St George's Circus.
Monday 14 April 2008 2.35pm
Question to BoroughMark.
Are you trying to install Sky+ or just the normal Sky? I have had Sky+ now for three months. Unfortunately my flat has only one feed available (you need 2 feeds for Sky+ to record other programmes). However, buried in the wall is a cable that just needs to be hooked up to the Sky+ Box and add another multi-switch board for the whole floor in the communal electrics room (?) (i.e. so other owner's can use Sky+ or Virgin Media). Empire Square refuse to do this service for free, the quote they gave me came to over 200 inc labour! I find this absurd when in five/ten years almost every TV will have a Sky+ like system (HD TV's for example need 2 feeds). I would be grateful if you know whether the installer recommended knows a way around this problem or if Empire Square has changed their policy.

Cheers
Monday 14 April 2008 7.04pm
Maybe this will help with the Freeview set-up and perhaps this could help the others. Good luck!
Tuesday 15 April 2008 7.02am
Jonathan K - thank you so much - works perfectly !!!

HLL2008 - I just have normal Sky as it seems Sky+ cant be used in Empire Square
Wednesday 30 April 2008 12.38pm
HLL2008

Pleaqse could you contact me about satellite in Empire Square? I live in the square and am having a battle with the managing agent about the quality and lack of 'future proofing' of the satellite installation there.

thanks

danyul.organ@gmail.com
Thursday 1 May 2008 1.11pm
The way technology is progressing you may not need a second satellite connection to get Sky+.

The technology is there to get TV on demand through your normal phone land line and not using the satellite point at all, I'm testing it for one company at Empire Square and so far so good.

It'll save a lot of time and paying money to managing agents if Sky is intending to use this method in the near future for people who are in properties with communal aerials and unhelpful managing agents.

Try calling Sky to see if they're planning to deliver Sky+ through the phone line, I'd be very surprised if they haven't upgraded their technology in the local phone exchange already to handle TV on demand through the phone.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: