Veggie Roast

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Sunday 13 April 2008 1.24pm
Can anyone recommend a good pub for a vegetarian roast dinner? It needs to be a good protein thing, preferably nut roast plus the usuals- roast spuds etc, ideally with Yorkshire pud.
Sunday 13 April 2008 2.44pm
It's not my thing - I love my meat.

But The Pommeler's Rest on Tower Bridge Road (and all Wetherspoon pubs) do a veggie "Sunday Roast" of butternut squash and cashew nuts (yuk)
Sunday 13 April 2008 2.52pm
ta. will give it a go sometime but it would be good if the pub itself is a bit nicer than a wetherspoons.
Sunday 13 April 2008 9.52pm
Weatherspoons is great at the moment with the ale promotion..No problems at all, good affordble food for a hard stretched famiily day out.. Suggest you try the Anchor on the Cut!
Monday 14 April 2008 8.30am
I,ve had the veggie raost in the pommelers rest, it's not fantastic. I love the pub itself but the roasts have gone a bit down hill lately. The three bean chilli is lovely, i always go for that. Not the same as a roast on a sunday though is it? Let us know if you do find somewhere good.
Monday 14 April 2008 10.18am
drog, do you mean the Anchor and Hope? I'm guessing you do cause I don't think there's another one along there. A quick google and a look at threads on here bring up a lot of severe criticism. I might have to try it just to find out for myself.
I had veg and stilton pie with roast spuds and more veg in The Royal Oak, Tabard Street the other night. It was good if a bit mean with the spuds and I couldn't taste stilton in the pie.
The search continues...
Monday 14 April 2008 11.40am
This is a place I have been meaning to check out on Tooley street.

The nosh looks pretty good when I peer in at the diners - and I like the look of the menu - plus they have a veggie option, although they don't say what it is.
Monday 14 April 2008 8.02pm
Er, doesn't look very veggie/vegan friendly, the menu looks more like a bovine anatomy lecture.
Monday 14 April 2008 8.39pm
Fuzzy's grub is awesome, but definately not great for a vege roast. Their breakfast is the best around.
Monday 21 April 2008 3.29pm
beetroot wrote:
Can anyone recommend a good pub for a vegetarian roast dinner? It needs to be a good protein thing, preferably nut roast plus the usuals- roast spuds etc, ideally with Yorkshire pud.

I just grilled several vegetables over charcoal. I sliced zuccini, cut diagonally, yellow squash, brocolli, leeks and green onions, seasoned with olive oil and montreal seasoning, which is a mixture of several flavors, like dried garlic and salt and pepper and red bell pepper flakes etc....very very good....grill for a few minutes....serve with a horseradish and sour cream dip....i lLOVE vegetables, especially if they are grilled! i did serve them with grilled scallops marianted in soy sauce and lime juice though.....recipes from Wisconsin...
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: