Graffiti Removal

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 14 April 2008 9.29am
It's a pity that Southwark are not so swift in removing the tagging from the railway bridge over Newington Causeway and other examples. I guess they'll say that it's the responsibility of whoever owns the bridge these days.

Related news & features

Monday 14 April 2008 9.35am
I was just about to ask on here how Southwark Council has the time and resources to paint over artwork when they can't get it together to change a light bulb on the doorstep of an eighty year old woman plagued by drug addicts on her stairs. She's been asking them for months! And yes, my husband is going over there to change it for her.
Monday 14 April 2008 12.49pm
My guess would be that such services would have been contracted out and therefore they will say its not their responsibility.

Isn't privatization wonderful?

As for graffiti, I've always held the view that quality street work is a sign of a vibrant community and should be given due respect. Tagging alas is rather tiresome and shows no imagination.
Monday 14 April 2008 12.52pm
Hi
Legally..who would own the 'art'? Surely the only people who can decide whether to paint it over are the building owners?
Monday 14 April 2008 12.56pm
Tolstoy wrote:
My guess would be that such services would have been contracted out and therefore they will say its not their responsibility.
No - apparently Southwark has an in-house graffiti removal team of 16.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 14 April 2008 1.03pm
Sorry, I should have been more precise, I was referring to the light bulb.
Monday 14 April 2008 3.53pm
I'm guessing grafitti on a bridge is the responsbility of Network Rail?

http://www.networkrail.co.uk/aspx/1022.aspx
Tuesday 15 April 2008 11.37am
in derby last week, saw a smart van with smart operatives...council ...chewing gum removal! wonderful idea, our street pavement looks like a polka dot avenue.
do southwark have similar?
Tuesday 15 April 2008 1.01pm
James Hatts wrote:
Tolstoy wrote:
No - apparently Southwark has an in-house graffiti removal team of 16.
Saw a nicely painted (logo - not graffiti) white van this morning saying "Southbank graffiti removal" or something similar. There was a nice graphic of the Eye and something that looked like the RFH. I wondered whether they were something to do with the council.

...if you press it, they will come.
Tuesday 15 April 2008 2.42pm
Ivanhoe wrote:
Saw a nicely painted (logo - not graffiti) white van this morning saying "Southbank graffiti removal" or something similar. There was a nice graphic of the Eye and something that looked like the RFH. I wondered whether they were something to do with the council.
That's run by the South Bank Employers' Group and operates in Lambeth:
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/2790

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: