Devon Mansions hanging garden

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 15 April 2008 1.14pm

Anyone know what they are building on the end of Devon Mansions on Tower Bridge Road?

The foundations go down a few feet and the silver girders can be seen in this pic - looks like they will reach the roof.
Tuesday 15 April 2008 1.18pm
I believe a mural is being painted over the whole wall there.
Wednesday 16 April 2008 8.03am
yes, it's a long planned murial!
since the demolition in 1896 for tower bridge road we've been waiting ...
Wednesday 16 April 2008 12.09pm
has the 'green wall' hanging garden been shelved then?
Wednesday 16 April 2008 12.21pm
I assumed that's what the structure was for.

Details here for those not familiar:
http://www.fairhousing.org.uk/website/fullProject.php5?id=6&start=1&qs=17343

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 16 April 2008 12.39pm
Wow - it looks great! I bet we all know a few other sites that would benefit from this kind of thing...
Wednesday 23 April 2008 1.29pm
Are they attaching a lift to the side of the building ?
Wednesday 23 April 2008 2.16pm
You did not reads the post 2 above, did you?
Tuesday 1 July 2008 8.27pm
Update as of 1 July 2008

I am happy to report that work has progressed very well - the steel work is complete, the builders have left and most of the plants are now in place.

What do you mean? - you can't see the costly vegetation because of the bloody tree?

Actually I agree - I have sent a strongly worded letter to Southwark Council insisting that they chop down the tree as soon as possible, so that I can get a good view of the new green and lush living things.

Monday 29 September 2008 9.33am
Im loving the unusual fire escape vertical garden on the corner of Fair Street and Tooley Street on Tower Bridge Road. When they were building the scaffolding I was so curious what on earth they were constructing. An advertising billboard? but they would have to cut down that nice big tree. Surely not a tiny flat? Delighted with what its ended up as. Ok its been there for months now but does anyone know who put it there? I left my email at the Team London Bridge stall at the Thames Festival asking if it was them but they havent got back to me so maybe you someone SE1 knows who & why?
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: