Council Bin Fines - BBC News

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 16 April 2008 5.46pm
Hi there,

We're doing a feature for BBC News about the council's bin fines for people who leave their bags out on days other than bin collection day.

Have you been fined 100 (or 50)for doing this - or do you know someone who has? And if so, could you get in touch with me as we'd love to interview you!

I'm available on lavellep@gmail.com

The feature is being done tomorrow (Thur April 17th) so we'd need to hear from you fairly urgently.. we would have to do the interview no later than 3pm on Thursday..

Please get in touch..

Thanks,

Phil
Wednesday 16 April 2008 5.55pm
I meant to add - please can you email me a contact phone number?
PKM
Thursday 17 April 2008 9.26am
There should be a fair few offenders in the Bermondsey St/Morocco St area!
Thursday 17 April 2008 9.35am
Do you know anyone? It's so difficult finding one - it tends to be the kind of story where you need to know someone who has had it done to them..
Any help would be gratefully (desperately) received..
PKM
Thursday 17 April 2008 11.07am
I'm afraid I don't know anyone specifically - just that I see a lot of residential refuse left out on the street.
Thursday 17 April 2008 11.54am
We, as a local business were fined by Southwark Council last year - not because we left our rubbish out on the wrong day though. We left it out on the right day, they didn't collect it and we were then fined 75 for the offence of 'littering the public highway'. I appealed against it and was told it's our responsibility to ensure our refuse is not left on the public highway. Absolute nonsense - it was only there because they failed to fulfil their contractual obligations. After much digging in of my heels, they finally back off just after threatening court action. I said, fine take me to court and see what fools you look. Surprise, surprise - fine cancelled 'as a gesure of goodwill on this occasion'!! Enough said.
Thursday 17 April 2008 12.00pm
Could you email me with your phone number on lavellep@gmail.com so I can call you? Thanks

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: