Bankside Health Club

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
jw
Sunday 27 April 2008 4.09pm
I didn't even know this existed till I walked past it the other day. It doesn't seem to have been advertised etc.. much.

Anyone have any experience (good or bad) of the gym?

Cheers
Sunday 27 April 2008 4.31pm
Where exactly is it?
Sunday 27 April 2008 4.33pm
In the basement of the Blue Fin Building - the entrance is at the corner of Southwark Street and Canvey Street (opposite Pret a Manger ).

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
HAQ
Sunday 27 April 2008 4.49pm
I ended my membership at 37 degrees and joined the bankside health club as it is much closer to my flat and cheaper, it is brilliant. I also have the personal training sessions which are the best I have had (in the past 10 years have had 4 different trainers!) The people working there are very friendly, they have lots of classes, power plate, spinning, sauna and steam room etc. It is definitely worth checking out!
Sunday 27 April 2008 5.33pm
Am I right in thinking they don't have a swimming pool?
Sunday 27 April 2008 6.08pm
Ah yes. The very people who ignored my request for a photoshoot with one of their running machines.
jw
Monday 28 April 2008 9.27am
How does it compare price wise?
ari
Wednesday 30 April 2008 1.00pm
I am not affiliated with them but they currently have an end of month offer - 4 weeks for 35. I have unwillingly gotten on their text message distribution list as I made some enquiries so I get text messages about all their offers.

Anyway, regarding price, a few weeks ago they offered me 50 month for 12 months membership or 25 month (off peak) for 12 months memebership.

However I didnt join as I was looking for a pay as you go gym.
Wednesday 30 April 2008 1.36pm
Looked into joining back around Christmas but they hadn't really built anything yet. I'd imagine they can be squeezed on the price of memberships (esp. off-peak) as Bankside 2 & 3 haven't opened yet, and AFAIK the Blue Fin isn't full to capacity yet.
Thursday 1 May 2008 1.41pm
I am a member and love it.
It hasn't got a swimming pool but everything else you can expect from a gym.
Everything is brand new and clean. At least for now :)
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: