Pub lock-in

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Monday 3 November 2003 12.05pm
does anyone know of a lock-in around these parts?

There must be something (and hopefully in a good pub, too)

yr thoughts appreciated...

S

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 9 June 2004 4.13pm by James Hatts.
Monday 3 November 2003 12.37pm
sorry to be dense Sputnik - wot's a pub lock-in? ( I must keep up with the times!)

jan
Monday 3 November 2003 12.50pm
It's when a pub serves drinks after 11pm - usually the landlord locks the doors so new people can't arrive, and draws the curtains...

it's supposedly illegal although I can't believe police on the beat don't notice them - bet they come in for a bevvie on the quiet.

there are loads in the east end, but I haven't heard of one in the SE1 area..
Monday 3 November 2003 1.13pm
I think any pubs (and the Police) would take a fairly dim view of anything like this being advertised. On top of which, it's usually a 'regulars only' kind of thing. You're right, they do exist and the regulars know where they are so you'll probably have to become a regular somewhere.
Jai
Monday 3 November 2003 1.44pm
Even though I'm quite certain that the police don't actually walk around any more. Pubs don't advertise their "lock-ins" for the very reason as mentioned by Harry above.
However, there are some places where you can still get a pint legally after 11 at night, yet you don't get bombarded with techno music, or where you have to que up for hours.

I'm willing to give up those names for a pint !

Varkenslachter
Monday 3 November 2003 1.52pm
OK, I can see the logic that it's not a good idea to publicly name pubs with lockins.

But it's a bit harder to accept the suggestion that you have to become a regular at a large number of pubs in SE1 just to find out if there are any lock-ins!

Jai, I might well be willing to offer you a pint for your special knowledge - late opening bars are good to know about for sure.

can you share with the list?

S
Tuesday 4 November 2003 4.05pm
If you do mention any pubs by name you can gaurantee they wont be doing them after that. Please dont mention any by name.

gggggrrrrrruuff
Tuesday 4 November 2003 7.53pm
Legit late night drink.......I have been to the Dover Castle in Gt Dover St ( the Borough end ) and it seems to be open till 1 am most nights.

It is below a Hostel and gets buzzy with studenty-types and international types around 11 pm. Got a pool table and cheap drink offers, especially if you have a student card.

i am no student, but i feel comfortable there !

Kevin
Wednesday 5 November 2003 4.51pm
The [name removed] on corner of [streets removed] tends to get forgetful with its last orders...

[edited by JH]
Wednesday 5 November 2003 4.53pm
I would encourage people to be careful about what they say on this thread.

Thank you,

James

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: