Interesting venues?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 3 November 2003 1.56pm
I'm looking for interesting venues to hold a party/event/show in SE1. Earlier in the year I did some things at the River Bar in their basement. I'd like to use it again but I'm keen to try somewhere new too. It'd be nice to be able to host something in an unusal venue.

Any ideas?
Anonymous User
Monday 3 November 2003 2.04pm
I got sent details on this place recently (I arrange a fair amount of parties / conferences etc). If you're looking for a large local venue this might fit the bill.

Vinopolis also has loads of different sized function rooms.

Good luck
Monday 3 November 2003 3.09pm
Delfina on Bermondsey Street springs to mind ( or have a look at for more options.
Monday 3 November 2003 3.09pm

I know that you can hire out parts of HMS Belfast for parties / conferences and the like...
If your looking for something quite unusual I think that fits the bill perfectly, though I don't know what the facilites are like.

Monday 3 November 2003 3.13pm
thanks for these. I'm really looking for a place to put on a smallish accoustic type show with a couple of musical acts. I should have been more clear about it. I like the sound of the Belfast though. Probably expensive though?
Monday 3 November 2003 3.38pm

The Garrison on Bermondsey Street is a nice pub with a downstairs room that can hold functions, also the Leather Exchange on LeatherMarket Street has a pleasant upstairs room which they hire out.

Wednesday 5 November 2003 6.35pm
Maybe it is on the wrong side of the 'track' but HMS President has been hosting the odd and occassionally unusual event for quite a few years and she still rolls on. This week we have had two 4 metres inflatable cows sunbathing on our deck, the Royal Marines Band and 350 sailors attending the Submarine Associations annual memorial service and we're just getting ready for the Lord Mayor Show and fireworks, Sony and some other 'folkore music' event. John Fashanu has been around for a few days filming and Offspring, hot from the Us are due next week.
Interesting enough? See how the residents of the OXO Tower view us on
Still staying on this side of the river, try The Mermaid or The Bridewell or Wilton's Music Hall all 'cool places' that would love to welcome the South Bank.

Thursday 6 November 2003 4.52am
Any know of any venues with a function room for an family 'do' and if upstairs above a pub would have a lift for a wheelchair user?
Thursday 6 November 2003 11.18am

Where are The Mermaid and The Bridewell please - I am looking for somewhere to watch the fireworks on Saturday.

Thursday 6 November 2003 6.17pm
HMS President will be open and it will be a great place to see the |Lord Mayors Show procession and the Fireworks. All readers welcome - just e mail your name
and say you are from SE1 forum when you come aboard

Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: