Is ANYONE getting post delivered yet?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 3 November 2003 3.05pm
We haven't had any at home for 10 days, but (given the fact that our deliveries are erratic at best, even when the posties are "working") I just wondered whether this was the same for everyone.

I work in a "mixed" office (in the sense of multi-postcoded), and some of us have had post all week, but others haven't.

...if you press it, they will come.
Anonymous User
Tuesday 4 November 2003 8.44am
No post in Bermondsey for over a week... I'msure that big fat cheque should have arrived by now!! :-)
jac
Tuesday 4 November 2003 12.28pm
got the first of mine for days this moring later than usual about 11am.
Tuesday 4 November 2003 1.06pm
hooray!! I can't wait to get home. Cheers jac (hope it wasn't bills!)

...if you press it, they will come.
Tuesday 4 November 2003 6.59pm
I got my first piece of post for almost 2 weeks this evening...

It was a letter addressed to someone who can never have lived here (as I bought off plan from new)...was perturbed due to recent left of laptop and possible ensuing theft of personal identity...???

What should I do? Return to sender without opening? Open to check the contents? Throw it in the bin? Does anyone know what the legal position is? (I know what the moral position is).

Presumably, the bills will follow tomorrow!

Curly
jac
Tuesday 4 November 2003 8.38pm
Sorry curly cant help on that one but I would be tempted to open it.

On the subject of personal identity theft. I recently opened a new bank account and the bank card was intercepted in the post. It was used fraudulantly despite not having been activated. Which seems strange. Anyway having reported to the police the bank has asured me that they will be refunding the money but it concerns me that they have my bank details as well as my name and address. Any gems of advice/comments out there greatfully recieved
Wednesday 5 November 2003 9.35am
Post received - one unexpected cheque for a very modest amount...

great - one weeks council tax paid I thought..

Then opened others - one very large phone bill -one charity donation request - several pieces of unsolicited mail...I read somewhere that there is someone/organisation that can be contacted to stop unwanted junk littering up my already littered hallway.

Does anyone know who to contact?

jan
Wednesday 5 November 2003 10.10am
Jac - something very similar happened to me except it was a rather large cheque that went missing in the post and was used to set up a bank account. The bank that opened the bogus account and subsequently cashed the to someone else firstly said that they weren't to blame and wouldn't be refunding my money. (I was out of the country when the account was opened and cheque cashed so had proof in my passport that it couldn't have been me)
However after some persuasion they told me that they'd closed the dodgy account when the person tried to pay in another stolen cheque. So eventually they decided that they were to blame and did refund my money but it was an awful scary couple of weeks when I thought I'd never get it back.
In my case they had my name and address but not my bank details which isn't so bad, its not so good that they have your details though. Have you talked to your bank's fraud department about it?
Sue
Wednesday 5 November 2003 1.32pm
Again on the subject of intercepted post. I recently had a credit card intercepted. One evening a had a call from a woman claiming to be from the credit card department saying there was a delay in sending out my card and that they needed to run though some personal details.

Thinking this was quite strange, I said I would call them back tomorrow, upon which point she really she really tried to make me stay on the line and go though my details so she could send it out immediately...

I phoned the true credit card department the next day and they confirmed it had been intercepted, apparently the woman was trying to get hold of my personal details to activate the card..they said they had had other occurances of this recently - just something to watch out for.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: