Photos, print, painting of London Bridge

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
ari
Friday 2 May 2008 12.59pm
Does anyone know of a shop (website) selling prints, photos or paintings of London Bridge or London Bridge area? I am looking for a present for someone. Thanks
Jac
Friday 2 May 2008 1.13pm
There is a stall in Hays galleria that does London prints, which might be worth a look I think they are there most days. I got a nice one of the view from the tate modern restaurant.
ari
Friday 2 May 2008 1.39pm
thanks Jac i shall check it out tomorrow
Friday 2 May 2008 1.41pm
there is a new exhibition at the oxo tower as part of TFL that has a few pop arty prints of London bridge. its called London through the seasons.

http://www.coinstreet.org/event_detail.aspx?eid=3a8045e3-b820-4ed4-a05e-175c5bc85c72
Friday 2 May 2008 3.24pm
And the (?Bankside Gallery?) gallery at the bottom of the red brick building alongside the Founders Arms has had some good prints of various iconic London views recently. Also the print gallery in Gabriel's Wharf is probably worth a try. I've seen good craft prints of local scenes in both places recently, although I'm stretching the old brain a bit far to remember if there were any that were specifically Ldn Bridge (it's not a very nice bridge, really, is it? I can't imagine making it the centrepiece of a composition, but I can imagine it being incidentally in the same frame as lots of other great London views.)

...if you press it, they will come.
Friday 2 May 2008 3.44pm
There's a vendor in Leadenhall Market that sells old photo prints of the neighbourhood. Stock rotates, but I've seen some very good photos.
Saturday 3 May 2008 7.19pm
I suppose the pop arty one might work but who wants a painting of a simple concrete slab?

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: