London Dungeon - how long does it take to visit?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 4 May 2008 9.12pm
Anybody know how much time i will need to plan for (approximately) for visiting the London Dungeons ?
Thanks !
Sunday 4 May 2008 10.11pm
Don't know but from the queue, I would say 80% of your time queueing and 20% inside. There really are so many better things to do in SE1, especially now the weather's warmer.
Sunday 4 May 2008 11.51pm
Hiya Emma B,

Thanks for your reply.

I understand what you say, but have my children tomorrow, and am bringing them to London for the day, as it's a school holiday, and i am taking them to the Dungeons and the Tower of London.

I live in Winchester, so i was just trying to work out how much time i will need for seeing both etc !

Hope the weather's good tomorrow !

Thanks again...and take care...Vinay
Monday 5 May 2008 9.28am
Don't know if you'll get this in time. The queue can be 3 hours long! There will be staff around to tell you how long your wait is going to be. The tour inside takes about an hour and a half (toilet visit before you start). I have to say with all the standing and walking I'm not sure you can really do the tower and the dungeon in one day. I'm quite a fan of the tower. There's a lot to see in there.
Tuesday 6 May 2008 7.29am
You can buy tickets in advance on the website and jump most of the queue. It takes a good 2 hours or so to go through it all and I am sure the kids will enjoy it, although personally I think the Tower is much more fun!
Tuesday 6 May 2008 11.28am
once inside, the whole thing doesn't take more than 2 hours max
Tuesday 6 May 2008 11.39am
It's not supposed to take more than an hour and a half, and a bit less if it's insanely busy.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: