Help in tracing a relative

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 6 May 2008 11.06am
Hi there,
I am looking for help in meeting up with my Dad who I believe is living in South East London. I do have, what I believe to be his last known and current address, but do not just want to turn up. I am in touch with the missing people organization, who have forwarded my letters, but I have had no reply. I have contacted the local housing organizations in and around the Elephant and Castle but have had not a single reply to my emails.
I would be grateful if anyone could give me some support, especially if they have any contacts in Perronet House, which is where I hope my search may end!!
I just want to confirm this is my Dad, he may not want to remember anything about his old life, and may have moved on with a new family, whatever the reasons! Then at least I can have some closure, whatever the outcome!

Thanks for taking time to read this.

Tuesday 6 May 2008 12.28pm
At least if you did turn up, you'd know once and for all if that was the right person and if your Dad did actually live at the address. If he wants to forget his previous life, just keep in contact by christmas cards etc. it is very sad..
Tuesday 6 May 2008 2.00pm
Jan, you are probably right! I am sure it is the right person, but it would be great to find a go between, or even someone out there who knows my Dad.
I have not seen him for 38 years, it is a long time, and I really feel I have to respect his wishes, especially if he has chosen to leave everything and everyone behind! It is sad, but years ago people did not talk about issues they may have had. I really hope steps can be taken to put that message over to him.
Wednesday 7 May 2008 9.49am
There is a thread in SE1 discussion about a Perronet House shop. It looks as though some residents have posted on there. You could always send them a private message (if you haven't done so already!)
Wednesday 7 May 2008 10.39am
Richard keeps a blog about life in Perronet House, and he may be able to advise.
Wednesday 7 May 2008 10.56am
Thats great Thanks for your help, I will try there.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: