Air Con

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Friday 9 May 2008 9.07pm
Anyone have a good recommendation for an air con company to install and supply air con unit in a domestic (and very hot) flat?

Sunday 11 May 2008 6.36pm
No ideas?
Sunday 11 May 2008 11.54pm
We recently got our air conditioning decommissioned - I can't recommend a company as we eventually got it done via a friend but I can recommend shopping around and really pushing on prices. We received vastly different quotes, albeit all high, as most of the air con companies do commercial installations and seem to be able to charge high prices without much quibbling.

However, we do have some second hand wall mounted Daikin air conditioning units available, in perfect working condition!

Seriously, if you are interested, send me a private message. I'm away until Thursday but will reply on my return. (Sorry James, hope that doesn't constitute an ad)
Monday 12 May 2008 3.37pm
Hi - thanks for that. Have a few companies coming to give me some quotes but was hoping for a reccommendation so i know their standard of work will be good.

May come back to you about the air con units.

Wednesday 14 May 2008 12.35am
Is it a new-ish build? Like City Walk? I live in the most uncomfortable flat of my entire life [almost 59 years] with no sense of air entering, let alone circulating. Unless one opens the windows SO far that all the other pollution enters, too.

As I write, it's 76F in my bedroom - window ope - at 12.35am. It sure ain't 76 outside!

Whoever passed the legislation - or devised it - to which the 'developers' so strictly adhere, without any allowance or imagination, should be taken out and.....tickled to death! [I abhor violence...]

I wasn't allowed air-con, so bought a 'half-Dalek' portable one, which is on 7 months of the year - noisy, annoying, unsightly, space grabbing.....but it keeps me cool-ish.

Modern build? Pish!! lol
Wednesday 14 May 2008 8.53pm
Hi Philpotts,

You've hit the nail on the head. There's less circulation in my new build flat than in a windowless room. And I am on Southwark Bridge Road so if I open my windows I get very little air, the joy of the night bus stopping outside my window all night and the screeching of cars as they stop at a traffic light!!

Oh the joys!!

That said, I love living in borough so am determined that I will be air conned and cool
Thursday 15 May 2008 2.35am
Me too! I'm surprised there haven't been more comments about this, over the years. It really has made me feel ill at times - and nothing gets done. I shut down.

The bathroom is a sauna so the door remains open 95% of the time, even with guests.

Never have I needed a heated towel-rail less!

My flat is located between two firedoors and the two large windows cannot be opened!! Even the 'Developers' [sic] guys asked if the heating was on in the corridor, last summer.

There is no heating in the corridor......
Thursday 15 May 2008 2.37am
...and if one more person tells me that I save on the electricity bills......
Thursday 15 May 2008 12.19pm
JW -

I had a quote from Turner Air Conditioning (just Google them) and they wanted nearly 2k for an installed, wall-mounted unit. Given the high cost and my girlfriend's view that it's 'never really that hot' (I disagree!), I ordered a portable airconditioner from ebuyer:

Will happily report back to the forum if you are interested. The reviews on ebuyer seem to suggest it is a good unit and I have used ebuyer before (no connection, etc.).

Thursday 15 May 2008 3.24pm
Hi Chris,

Thanks for that post. Definitely would be interested in how the portable airconditioner works out. I'm worried they can be quite noise and I'm not exactly the best sleeper (mind you, the heat doesn't help with that!!)

Philpotts - can you not get air conditioning put into your place?
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: