Accident on Great Suffolk Street Friday morning

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 9 May 2008 10.22pm
Hi everyone,

Was cycling down Great Suffolk Street this morning about 8.45am and passed an accident at the crossroads with Southwark Bridge Road, some poor guy was lying in the road, I couldn't tell but he had been either on a moped or a bicycle and had been hit by a 4x4 or something. It must have just happened because there were no ambulances or police around, just wondering if the guy was ok, he was conscious at the time but seemed to be in a lot of pain. I didn't stop, I was late as it was and there were plenty of other people helping so I would have been no more than a spectator. I asked at the fish and chip shop on my way home but they didn't know.

I hope he is ok. It is a dodgy junction with less than perfect traffic lights - could easily have been me or anybody else there.
Monday 12 May 2008 8.43am
I saw the results of the accident too, the ambulance was there and police were directing traffic. Don't know how the guy was.

Really dodgy junction for cyclists made worse by recent road works and badly parked construction vehicles.
ADT
Monday 12 May 2008 9.07am
When we passed by he was concious and talking to the medics, but laid out on his back - I would expect that the medics were taking their time in case of back injuries. There was a damaged scooter nearby, presumably his, and it looked as if he had collided with a 4x4.

People do tend to go through the red lights quite often there.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: