Power cut

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Sunday 11 May 2008 10.15am
I awoke at 5.45 this morning to find I had no power. This also meant that I had no water because it couldn't be pumped up to the seventh floor. I rang EDF and was told that 2,400 homes were without power due to an explosion in an underground car park. Work on restoring the power could not commence until the fire brigade, who were in attendance, said that it was safe. The power came back about 8.30. I am on Mill Street. Does anyone know what happened? Was it anything to do with the Great Flood of Tooley Street?
Sunday 11 May 2008 10.33am
We do not have any water in city walk at the moment? I guess this is connected with the above?
Sunday 11 May 2008 10.35am
I woke up at 11am and there hasn't been any water since. However, the electricity is on and hence allowing me to watch country file at the moment. Any idea when the water supply will be back? It seems like my neighbours are all out enjoying the good weather.
Sunday 11 May 2008 10.50am
no idea whats happening with the water....

I've left messages for the managing agents but I guess they wont be in work until tomorrow and ive posted on the citywalk website...

however, not sure who is responsible for this? any suggestions?
Sunday 11 May 2008 11.15am
I live on Dockhead and was woken up around 4.30am by a couple of loud explosions, I looked out of the window and I saw a flash accompanied by another loud bang and smoke coming from an area by the church. When I went out to get the paper this morning there is a taped off area on the pavement and there are black burn marks on the brick wall by a large square manhole cover (LEB is marked on the wall). Quite a scary experience being woken up by loud explosion noises. Water and power are all ok.
Sunday 11 May 2008 11.23am
Hi Hellzbellz,
Mr G says that the explosion probably travelled through the drains. Is there an underground car park at the dockhead end of Mill Street? It didn't wake me up but it must have been scary. There might be a carpark under La Lanterna's .
Sunday 11 May 2008 7.46pm
I live off Grange Road and I woke this morning around 4.30 to see my alarm clock had been turned off due to a power cut and that my bathroom mirror light was on, it was all very weird and I am quite a way from Mill Street. It can't have been off for long as I think my clock said about 12.04. We could also hear an alarm which I assumed was a house alarm which had gone off with a power cut. Nothing else seemed to be affected though and we had water fine at 9am??
Monday 12 May 2008 8.51am
There is an underground car park between Mill Street/Dockhead/Wolseley Street, underneath Little London Court - I live there. The fire alarm in the car park was ringing from Saturday afternoon until this morning. I didn't hear an explosion, but saw the fire tape etc on Sunday, and we had no electricity early on Sunday morning, and last night most of the outside lights on the courtyard outside La Lanterna weren't on. I shall go an investigate the car park after work.
Monday 12 May 2008 10.27am
cymro2006 wrote:
no idea whats happening with the water....
I've left messages for the managing agents but I guess they wont be in work until tomorrow and ive posted on the citywalk website...

however, not sure who is responsible for this? any suggestions?

There's a citywalk website? Can someone please post the address?
Tuesday 13 May 2008 11.39pm
Awoke at 9am - City Walk - no water - called Thames Water - burst mains in Stamford Street. Aiming to repair by 3.30pm

Water returns 2.30pm.

Neighbour phones Thames Water - told it is our pumps.....

Ho - Hum
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: