What is the best value gym?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Wednesday 14 May 2008 1.59pm
Can anyone help me decide which gym to join..there seems to be loads in London Bridge now. I know that fitness first are the cheapest but I don't really want to go back with them.
I do like the feel and look of Soho Gyms but I was put off by the coffee..i know it sounds mad but it was disgusting and if they can't get the coffee right then what else is not up to scratch.
37 degrees looks nice but is a bit pricey.
I have not seen top notch yet...is there any other choices I have not heard about?
Thank you in advance for your help

Wednesday 14 May 2008 10.21pm
It's a bit far from London Bridge, but I think Colombo Street is such good value, it's not glam like other gyms in the area, but if you just want to exercise, you really can't go wrong.
Wednesday 14 May 2008 11.57pm
Given that there are loads of coffee shops around Soho Gym why don't you go to that gym, as you seem to like it, and then get a bit more exercise at the end going to get a coffee somewhere local ?

Solved ? I don't think I can stomach another thread on gyms in the area !
Thursday 15 May 2008 8.12am
I was going to mention the Colombo centre as I've recommended it in the past, but figured someone who is put off by the coffee a gym has to to offer is unlikely to appreciate the down to earth no frills approach of this excellent local resource.

You pay for all those plasma screens!
Thursday 15 May 2008 10.32am
if the coffee at soho gyms puts you off you should see the changing rooms at Topnotch...filthy
Thursday 15 May 2008 12.42pm
Is this the sort of gym you catch the bus to, in order to use the walking machine?

Use the stairs at a tube station. Cheaper, greener, cleaner. Walk to work.
Thursday 15 May 2008 10.27pm
Put off by the coffee at Soho Gyms ????
If thats the case, just go to Starbucks and dont waste your time joining a gym as you probably dont want to work out anyway !
Friday 16 May 2008 7.42pm
Before the workout it's not advisable to drink coffee (increases blood pressure).

After the workout, you won't want to.

So what's the problem?
Friday 16 May 2008 9.47pm
agree with mapmaker here - are you seriously judging your gym by the coffee it sells !? buy some dumbells and a skipping rope, and walk to and from work. i walk upto 35 miles per week from grange road to holborn and back each day, it's a nice brisk walk by th river, and much cheaper, and more enjoyable. besides, ideally you should be rehydrating with water after excercise, not coffee, if you are serious.
Saturday 17 May 2008 11.38am
I think one should judge the gym by its core activity, which is exercise and not coffee.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: