Direct Mail Elimination Service

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 6 November 2003 1.49pm
In the thread about postal delivery following the strike, Jan (I think) asked about how you can be removed from direct mailing lists...

The following link to the above service may be of interest to people bothered by unwanted direct mailings through the post:

http://www.planetark.com/mps

woof

Thursday 6 November 2003 1.55pm
Thanks Curly -:-)

jan
Thursday 6 November 2003 4.14pm
Right now, I'd be glad of anything through the bl**dy post, even junk mail.

It'd at least confirm that my postman hadn't died, or that our flat hasn't dropped off the edge of the posties' Square-World-Map

Humbug

...if you press it, they will come.
Thursday 6 November 2003 4.29pm
Ivan,

Funnily enough, the planetark website allows you to de-register the details of a dead person, so if your postie has died...

(apologies for sick sense of humour)

woof

Friday 7 November 2003 12.40am
I must be very lucky - I've had post for the last three days! What's more our postmen - I think we have at least three on a rota - are excellent and polite - and what's more the make a fuss of my dog!
jan
Friday 7 November 2003 5.30am
Teresas right - our posties are polite and friendly -and Teresas dog's adorable!
Curly and Ivanhoe - your postings made me laugh - even if it is 5am..:-)
Friday 7 November 2003 9.51am
Curly,

call off the search reindeers. Postie alive. Big pile of bills delivered yesterday.

Jan/Teresa,

Advise keep location secret. If details nice postie get out, expect rest of SE1 with puppies and sweeties to lure (?)him(?) away ;-)

...if you press it, they will come.
Friday 7 November 2003 2.48pm
reminds me of a pranksterish project from way back in '97. A series of junk mail companies' addresses that junk mail could be redirected to...

http://www.irational.org/heath/junk/front.html
Friday 7 November 2003 3.53pm
Thanks for that Curly, have given the link to others also.

jan

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: