Walk for Life - Crusaid

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Sunday 18 May 2008 11.03pm
Hi. I hope this is alright, James. It IS important and it IS in SE1 :-)

On Sunday 1 June, I am taking part in Crusaid's 'Walk for Life'.

It's a 10km sponsored walk through central London - starting and ending in Potter's Field - to raise money for people living in poverty and affected by HIV & AIDS in the UK and Africa. It's a great day out too, and a fantastic opportunity to take in the sights, keep fit and raise money for a good cause. Oh, and it's also Europe's largest fundraising walk for HIV & AIDS.

I have a solid background in both Theatre and Charity Management [the latter brought me to Rotherhithe in 1987] and I helped organise and took part in one of the very first 'Walkathons' in 1989. Then,and in subesequent years, we raised well over 3m and funded the One Small Step Gait Lab, at Guy's Hospital, for children with Cerebral Palsy. [It's in the basement]I raised 300 in 1989, and did the walk as Dame Edna. This year, for Crusaid, I hope to raise at least 1K. I'm over halfway there!

But it's not enough!

To sponsor me, please click on:

No amount is too big or too small!

Thank you. See you there!

Philip Wood
Wednesday 21 May 2008 11.22pm
And now, live from Barcelona.......but with my heart in SE1......please sponsor me! Thanks.
Thursday 29 May 2008 10.05pm
And now, returned to SE1, and hoping that bringing this back to the top of the list will jog a few people's minds - and purse strings :-)

Please sponsor me!

Saturday 31 May 2008 10.47pm
Many thanks to those who have sponsored me for Sunday's walk - my total is close to 700.....

But it's not enough.....

Please help me to achive my target of 1k.

Even after the day itself, you can still sponsor me. [see above for the links ]

Thanks folks - see you there......
Monday 2 June 2008 11.13pm
I did the Walk for Life and, with Gift Aid, raised 726! Nay bad for a semi-oldie, lol.

Thanks to those who contributed.....it's still not too late!

Thanks to tamesa@oxotower for the extra refreshments, much enjoyed!
Wednesday 4 June 2008 8.01am
good luck
we could really do without the shouting from the male and female voices starting at midday though ...
Wednesday 4 June 2008 5.11pm
Er...thanks for good wishes.....the event was 4 days ago! Not sure what the problem is with people showing enthusiasm and raising much needed funds for people with HIV/AIDS in UK and Africa. Nor do I wish to get into a row about it, as it seems, to me, to be rather petty and detracting from the main issue.

Have a nice, peaceful day :P
Wednesday 25 June 2008 3.44pm
Ok, now settle down :P - I've raised 912....20p [inc.Gift Aid] for Crusaid and it would be great to make it 1,000!

So - please feel free to donate the price of a pint [or a sherry, lol] to this great Charity!

Simply follow the link:

Thanks, folks!
Wednesday 25 June 2008 8.36pm
Philpotts24 wrote:
Nor do I wish to get into a row about it, as it seems, to me, to be rather petty and detracting from the main issue.
Have a nice, peaceful day :P

I'm so glad you don't want to get into a row about it, so next year when you are given the use of Potters Field without charge, could you have the courtesy to not start loudly shouting over amplified speakers at noon disturbing our sunday peace in an area that suffers almost every day from ambient noise - not to mention the noise from construction over the past 20 years and continuing.

It may be petty to you, but I assure you it is distracting for us...
Wednesday 25 June 2008 9.48pm
Right on, comrade! For once I agree with Kellandj.

By the way it's unlikely that HIV causes AIDS - http://rethinkingaids.com
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: