Man jumps from London Bridge - 21.5.08

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 23 May 2008 1.25am
I saw a man jump from London Bridge tonight. The tide quickly swept him towards the Hurricane Clipper waiting on London Bridge Pier and the crew sprung into action.

One of the crew threw the man a lifering and the tide swept him onto the bow of the boat. He held onto the boat until the lifeboat arrived a few minutes later.

Did anyone managed to see this event or get any photos?
Saturday 24 May 2008 9.53am
He was lucky.

A month ago (Sunday 20th April) I saw a lifeboat and a police boat recover the body of a man - he looked about 45 - from the Thames just in front of the Guoman Hotel by Tower Bridge.

Never saw anything in the papers - does anyone know about him?

Saturday 24 May 2008 5.45pm
I too saw this sad event, however he was face down in the water, the RNLI took him to wapping police pier.

Im suprised nobody has replied to this thread regarding the london bridge man,there were hundreds watching it.
Saturday 24 May 2008 6.30pm
was it ian richie.
Saturday 24 May 2008 7.34pm
mickysalt wrote:
was it ian richie.
Cheap shot, even by your 'standards'.
Saturday 24 May 2008 8.05pm
Indeed, poor show Micky. Gosh how awful.
Saturday 24 May 2008 9.00pm
Your right I shouldn't have said that ,

it is awful.

It must be horrible being pushed in the river as well as sometimes happens.

When I first moved to London in 1985 and was living on Borough road I used to walk home across Hungerford bridge every day ,once at 3am in the morning someone came leering towards me with a towel over there face
holding there hands out in front of them like frankenstein ,With only the two of us around I have to say I was worried I might get pushed in the river.
Monday 26 May 2008 11.36am
I do suspect we will be seeing more of this as jobs go in the City.
Monday 26 May 2008 10.16pm
Zappomatic wrote:
I do suspect we will be seeing more of this as jobs go in the City.

Only a white collar criminal contemplating extradition and a hefty prison sentence would react like that.
Thursday 29 May 2008 3.47pm

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: